Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss So is IASW officially open or what?! in the News & Rumors forums; Mostly, the waiting area is the biggest part of the refurbishment, it also had a sound change (I hear it's supposed to sound better now) and it has elements from ...
    The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Mostly, the waiting area is the biggest part of the refurbishment, it also had a sound change (I hear it's supposed to sound better now) and it has elements from the original IASW in Disneyland....although I can't tell you what they are, as tonight was only my second time riding it.

as for Cinderellabration.....as far as I'm concerned, it's a disapointment. There isn't a plot, and Mickey isn't even in it.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    The music isn't the best quality BUT it is the original music from the Worlds Fair (refurbished music)
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...hen=&whenterm=

Ok there are the pics.

The rehab did the attraction well. The sound is so much better. The major changes were made to the entrance/exit ares and that was it. THe ride itself is still the same, almost exactly. They repainted everything as well as new fabric, etc. There were small changes inside the ride, new lighting effects in some places, etc. The clowns in the final scene seem to be backwards. You can not see their faces. The one with the lollipop is on the left as you face it. The mickey vines in the Africa room have moved slightly. Before they hung from the ceiling and went back up to the ceiling. Now they go from ceiling to floor.

The exterior is pretty much the same. You now enter near the exit and there is plenty of que to walk through. The exit ramp has changed completely as well. ECV / chairs go down the exit in their own lane. Everything in the entry way is white.

flutter is offline Moderator
    Thanks Jason, those are great!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Loved seeing those pics! Can't wait to get the song stuck in my head again!!! "It's a small world after all,.....""""
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Loved seeing those pics! Can't wait to get the song stuck in my head again!!! "It's a small world after all,.....""""

Lou, consider this your cue.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    From what they were saying before this atttraction went down. this is pretty much what was expected most of this refurb was to bring the facility up to modern standards, which might not show to the average visitor, but some of the changes made may make it easier to maintain the rattraction and keep it looking better between the smaller traditional rehabs. As for the re-done queue there is one thing I have not heard anyone comment on Is the clock the face that trendy shows in this photo:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...cat=all&page=1 if it is like the one at Disneyland swings back and forth like a clock pendulum with a tick, tock sound effect as it swings, then each quarter hour (or was it less often...I haven't been to Disneyland since 1981.) the clock "goes off" doors open, as in one of the pictures trendy shows where the toy soldiers that appear:

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...cat=all&page=1

in this shot (also trendys) you can see that there are not one...but two sets of doors beneath the clock face
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...cat=all&page=1

the rectangular door beneath the smiley/clock/pendulum face, I believe house more of the toy soldiers (though once again it's been so many years, below that there is another set of doors, but I am afraid they may just be there because the design here is based on the facade of the attraction at Disneyland, and at Disneyland those are fuctioning doors here it looks like there is not room for those doors to fuction the was that they do in CA. There once every hour (or is it half hour?) when the clock goes off a set of dolls comes out those doorsm and parade around the front of the clock going back into the facade at door underneath the doors on the isdes where the soldiers are. It looks like there is no room for them to actually come out here thats whay I believe they are just false doors here, but I"m not sure...I'd love to be wrong...perhaps I am, but no one has mentioned it yet so even if that does function the same way here perhaps that part is not yet operating.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Thanks for that info Brian. Not sure about the one just below the clock face. The other two (one on each side) with the three soldiers opens constantly.

lovetink is offline A-Ticket holder
    Went on IASW 3/19 and it has changed some the front is all new and many upgrades inside, but not all that special.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Great pics!!! Just makes November seem farther away though!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    I just wanna know one thing.... can you still see in from Pinocchio's Village Haus?
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Quote Originally Posted by rosworms
    I just wanna know one thing.... can you still see in from Pinocchio's Village Haus?
    Yes, Kelli, you can, and I must say that I love the new design!

-Taylor

A few of the pics were also taken from there.

PS Still uploading pics of the new castle design and Cinderellabration.

Can't wait to see them!
    -Taylor

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I am glad they brought the Mary Blair look out east , now maybe I will ride it again
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast