Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Verizon and Disney Team Up for Multi Year Relationship... in the News & Rumors forums; Check this out! This will be cool! November 12, 2008 - Marking a first in both the travel and mobile industries, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Verizon are teaming ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Verizon and Disney Team Up for Multi Year Relationship...

Check this out! This will be cool!

November 12, 2008 - Marking a first in both the travel and mobile industries, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Verizon are teaming up for a multi-year relationship designed to enhance the guest experience – before, during and after guests arrive at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. This alignment allows guests to have a personal tour guide right in their wireless phones along with reliable new services at the parks. Early next year guests will also use Verizon Wireless’ technology when experiencing Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure, an ultra-interactive attraction coming to Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort.

Rest of Article here:
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Teams Up with Verizon to Bring Mobile Magic to U.S. Parks
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I just read about this on another site...it's very interesting and something that we have, in some form, discussed before with the tests that Disney has previously run. It is surprising that they would align with one particular company like this but at least some features will be offered to all. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out for sure, I just hope that it doesn't turn into a reason for kids and/or parents to keep their noses in a piece of technology.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    is kim possible even on tv still? i thought that died when i left junior high
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    is kim possible even on tv still? i thought that died when i left junior high
    I was wondering that too. I had never really gotten into it in the first place, so when I stopped hearing about it, I forgot about it. I didn't even know that it won an Emmy...
    ~Ashleigh

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    New episodes of Kim Possible still come on the Disney Channel....I just don't remember what time.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just like the idea that I can use my phone for ride times, restaurant openings, show times, etc. That is the part of the article that really caught my interest. Of course my nieces will love the Kim Possble stuff but the other things are the part I like.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

mountain8778 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Verizon and Disney Team Up for Multi Year Relationship...

Does anyone know if this has been implemented in the parks yet? What is the time frame on this? Has anyone had any experience using this service?

thanks!
    I met her once upon a dream.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mountain8778 View Post
    Does anyone know if this has been implemented in the parks yet? What is the time frame on this? Has anyone had any experience using this service?
    I was wondering about this too - I would like to try this out if or when it is available!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

I read about this in one of the guide books. According to the book, you could access current attraction wait times, restaurant availability, character appearance info, and special park activities. The book "The Complete Walt Disney World 2009" says this should be up and running in early 2009; uh, isn't that like now? I haven't seen anything about this on any of the other sites.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    ºoº * ~ ** ~ * ºoº

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just found this on another site:

The new application will be available for download from Verizon's "Get It Now" store in early 2009. Initially the application will only work for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., and Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif. The companies will add support for other Disney resorts later.

Specific details about what the application will actually do haven't been announced yet. But some of the likely features include the ability to make reservations for restaurants, hotels, and even attractions right from a Verizon handset. Using GPS-based location services, subscribers will also be able to access a Disney character map that will pinpoint exactly where Minnie Mouse is at any given moment, thus saving scores of parents from running around the park all day looking for their kids' favorite characters.

There will also be information about show times and the best places to view characters and other attractions. Disney will also offer mobile games and fun facts that can be downloaded inside the park to provide more information about what people are seeing and doing on their vacation.

Disney and Verizon plan to offer some features and information for free to Verizon customers. But the application itself will cost money. Pricing for the new application hasn't been worked out. Hughes also wouldn't say whether Verizon would charge a monthly fee or a one-time download fee.

Just checked my phone and there is no app yet for this.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    ºoº * ~ ** ~ * ºoº

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

mountain8778 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
    Just found this on another site:

The new application will be available for download from Verizon's "Get It Now" store in early 2009. Initially the application will only work for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., and Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif. The companies will add support for other Disney resorts later.

Specific details about what the application will actually do haven't been announced yet. But some of the likely features include the ability to make reservations for restaurants, hotels, and even attractions right from a Verizon handset. Using GPS-based location services, subscribers will also be able to access a Disney character map that will pinpoint exactly where Minnie Mouse is at any given moment, thus saving scores of parents from running around the park all day looking for their kids' favorite characters.

There will also be information about show times and the best places to view characters and other attractions. Disney will also offer mobile games and fun facts that can be downloaded inside the park to provide more information about what people are seeing and doing on their vacation.

Disney and Verizon plan to offer some features and information for free to Verizon customers. But the application itself will cost money. Pricing for the new application hasn't been worked out. Hughes also wouldn't say whether Verizon would charge a monthly fee or a one-time download fee.

Just checked my phone and there is no app yet for this.

Thanks Michele, I'll keep waiting and hoping it is available for my trip.
    I met her once upon a dream.

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder

This sounds so cool! I hope it's up when we're there - thanks for sharing this info, hope to read more about this.
    Disney Dreamin'