Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Activity in Millennium Village in the News & Rumors forums; When I was in Epcot last Monday(November 17), there was something happening in the old Millennium Village building. I think that was its name was Bollywood. It was dressed up ...
    ncstatefan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Activity in Millennium Village

When I was in Epcot last Monday(November 17), there was something happening in the old Millennium Village building. I think that was its name was Bollywood. It was dressed up like a movie premiere, with spotlights, a red carpet, and security guards(so I couldn't get in). I think that it might of had something to do with that "ABC Super Soap Weekend" thing. Does anyone know if this was true and what was happening in there?
    ncstatefan

2004-Wilderness Lodge
    2008-Polynesian Resort

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    One of the many special events that happen almost daily. I love when Food Network does their food challenges there!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I didn't see anything when I went by but I was there around 4:30 or so so it might have been over when I went by. It was probably just a event like TM said

I did see a big wall beside France and Morocco. That's the only thing I saw going on in WS.
    Last edited by lilo88; 11-25-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    I didn't see anything when I went by but I was there around 4:30 or so so it might have been over when I went by.
    I saw it at about 7:00, so it may have not been visible by then.

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic View Post
    One of the many special events that happen almost daily.
    Thanks for the info!
    ncstatefan

2004-Wilderness Lodge
    2008-Polynesian Resort

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    okay, probably not. I was over in Mexico by that time.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Where is the old Millennium Village building located?
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

It is between England and Canada.
    ncstatefan

2004-Wilderness Lodge
    2008-Polynesian Resort

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ncstatefan View Post
    It is between England and Canada.
    Ah, thank you! I've noticed the big blue building behind the gates, but didn't know what it was called.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

amillionmilesz is offline A-Ticket holder
    When we were there yesterday for new years eve, they had this building open and advertised as "fantasia restaurant" it appeared to be open to everyone, but we were in a hurry and didn't have time to stop... Anyone know if this is something permanent? Or was it just to alleviate the crowds? I hadn't paid too much attention to that back there before. just curious
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool" - almost famous

"And I thought Finding Nemo was brilliant. I still quote the seagulls every day: "Mine, mine, mine." That was one of my favorite moments in any movie ever." Johnny Depp

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Come to think of it, I noticed that the old Millenium Village was open one night while I was at Epcot around Dec. 10. Whatever it was, it appeared to be a black tie affair. I really didn't pay much attention to the event, but there were several tuxes in the Canada area walking toward the MV.

Hmmm.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The deal with the Millenium village is that they hold most of their big events in there ( splitting the load also with the Odyssey). When I was working Food and Wine Festival they held a cooking Olympic in there as well as Party of the Senses every Saturday night. I know they held several events for us College Programers such as formals and parties. And I also saw that Pin University was held in there. So I wouldnt be surprised if they did hold something for Soap Opera Weekend........which might I add is probably the most pointless event disney has. (One man's opinion)
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DarGoku368 View Post
    The deal with the Millenium village is that they hold most of their big events in there ( splitting the load also with the Odyssey). When I was working Food and Wine Festival they held a cooking Olympic in there as well as Party of the Senses every Saturday night. I know they held several events for us College Programers such as formals and parties. And I also saw that Pin University was held in there. So I wouldnt be surprised if they did hold something for Soap Opera Weekend........which might I add is probably the most pointless event disney has. (One man's opinion)
    Also I was interviewing for a Disney job and they said that when the Magic Kingdom is all booked people have Wedding receptions there...I must admit I also looked over the walk once to see a bride taking pics.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by amillionmilesz View Post
    When we were there yesterday for new years eve, they had this building open and advertised as "fantasia restaurant" it appeared to be open to everyone, but we were in a hurry and didn't have time to stop... Anyone know if this is something permanent? Or was it just to alleviate the crowds? I hadn't paid too much attention to that back there before. just curious
    I believe it was a temporary "restaurant" to help deal with the NYE crowds as it was pretty much impossible to get something to eat at any of the other locations...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news