Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Skyway in the News & Rumors forums; The tomorrowland station is getting a new 2nd floor staircase!! does this mean that something could be done with it in the future?? Any ideas??...
    tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Skyway

The tomorrowland station is getting a new 2nd floor staircase!!

does this mean that something could be done with it in the future??

Any ideas??

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I had seen that also. I was curious as to why, a new attraction or just maintenance to safely access the building.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Doesn't it already have a staircase? Would have made it hard to get up to/down from the Skyway

It was said that a week or so ago there were some tarps covering it, but no one has been able to find out anything that I've heard...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the boards tdf192, Bobby2, and doconeill!! I really hope they do something with the old Skyway. Even if that means bringing it back or doing something totally different altogether.
    -Zac

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadbrown View Post
    Welcome to the boards tdf192, Bobby2, and doconeill!! I really hope they do something with the old Skyway. Even if that means bringing it back or doing something totally different altogether.
    I've been here a while, I just don't post much...

I don't think there is ANY chance the skyway will ever come back. I understand the insurance costs alone on those things is enormous.

I did think it would make a nice little dining terrace though...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

I don't think there is ANY chance the skyway will ever come back. I understand the insurance costs alone on those things is enormous.

I agree. I don't think the Disney Company would be willing to open themselves up to the legal risk the skyway would bring. It will probably be something not very exciting.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I've wondered for awhile if anything would be done to those two buildings. They were such wonderfully themed and wonderfully placed structures. That said however, I believe they are used for storage now so maybe what they are doing is simply for better access as someone posted above. I don't see there being enough room to do much overall but a little dining area would work.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I like the idea of a resteraunt being up above Tomorrowland.
    -Zac

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I saw the tarp earlier this week but didn't really think about it.

*In a sort of related, yet not so related question, where does Tinker Bell "fly" to once "she" leaves the castle with Wishes?

°O°Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I saw the tarp earlier this week but didn't really think about it.

*In a sort of related, yet not so related question, where does Tinker Bell "fly" to once "she" leaves the castle with Wishes?
    She lands on top of the building that holds Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah a little dining area would be nice as there is quite limited seating around the lunching pad.

Off topic: Tinkerbell flies from th castle towards main st. Going over the building btween the ice cream shop and the toilets towards tomorrowland. she lands up on a platform in the backstage area behind the main street shops.

Another off topc question but as we were in tomorrowland:

Do they still use the outdoor theatre nxt to Buzz lightyear?? if so when, because everytime ive gone its always been closed off and not being used at all, or even advertised for anything...

°O°Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tdf192 View Post
    Tinkerbell flies from th castle towards main st. Going over the building btween the ice cream shop and the toilets towards tomorrowland. she lands up on a platform in the backstage area behind the main street shops.
    Ah, so that's a little south of where I thought she "landed"...

Do they still use the outdoor theatre nxt to Buzz lightyear?? if so when, because everytime ive gone its always been closed off and not being used at all, or even advertised for anything...
    From what I understand they only use it for occasional musical performances and don't they have a stage show during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party back there?

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    That stage was being used a week ago from today when I was there. As I rode by on the TTA there are a few windows which allow you to see the stage for a few seconds. I saw some kids on stage as we passed. It looked like a Christmas thing with amateurs (school kids) or something.

JPG54 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by °O°Joe View Post
    don't they have a stage show during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party back there?
    You are correct. Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas.
    A wonderful show to see if I do say so myself. If you have not been to MVMCP I highly recommend it. We were just there on November 20 and had a blast!
    Pat-Charter D23 Member
    Premium Pass Holders

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder
    the idea of christmas in disney world is all around fun. but ive only done it once, and it so happened that it was freazing!! whats with that? the one year we go at christmas time, and we have to dress in 5 layers of clothes other than the weather though, it was enjoyable

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast