Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss AIE Passholder Previews in the News & Rumors forums; Notification went out this evening to passholders who would like to participate in the passholder previews for The American Idol Experience. The dates for the previews are Feb. 5 - ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

AIE Passholder Previews

Notification went out this evening to passholders who would like to participate in the passholder previews for The American Idol Experience. The dates for the previews are Feb. 5 - 8th. DVC members will have their own previews. Not only will passholders be able to register to be in the audience, restrictions will be eased so even a "mature" singer, like myself, can register to go through the audition process. No magic tickets will be awarded for these previews, but at least passholders, who would like to experience the audition process, will have the opportunity to do so. You will need to be a passholder to register to audition or to attend the performances.

Yours truly is registered to auction on Feb. 5th at 11:00 AM. The difference between me and Lou is that Lou KNOWS he can't sing. I am still under the delusion that people stare at me at church because they are mesmerized by my voice. I suspect I won't make it past the first audition room, but my experience should make a good article for the forum.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's great that you're going to try - good for you! I would never be able to set foot in any kind of singing audition like that - I really envy your courage. I can't wait to hear about the whole process!
    ~Ashleigh

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I bought an AP in October and I am not receiving any offers via email. Is that how you received this? I know you can go on the site, but it would be nice to get a heads up. I asked when I was at Disney for MF and they siad my email was not on the account and they added it, but it still sounds like I am not getting them. Any suggestions?
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

I will check with someone in the "know" and get back to you asap. I had trouble too and then found out that somewhere alone the line I was "checked" as a cm. Do you have more than one email account? If so, make sure you check all of them. Also check spam files. I don't know why I gave them my least-used yahoo account, but I now find that's where my email is being sent rather than AOL.

After talking to my contact, if you are having problems receiving the Mickey Monitor or email concerning passholder information there are three contacts that should be able to help you: 1) any ticket booth 2) Guest relations 3) the reservation number. All of these "agents" are able to see your contact information and can verify that your email address is correct.

hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am so frustrated. I called the AP number and the person had no idea how to help me. When I was there in December I stopped by guest relations and they said they did not have an email on account and added it. The problem is that during that same trip my AP stopped working and they issued me a new one. I don't know if the new pass is associated to my email. Also, does the Mickey Monitor still come in the mail or is it only online? This is my first AP, which I just bought in October, so this is all new to me.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

I'm so sorry that calling the reservation # didn't help. It should have. Honest. The Mickey Monitor does still come in the mail, 4 times a year; August, November, February and May. Did your passholder # change when you had to have the pass exchanged? I'll keep working on this and see what other avenues I can check on for you.

I had an opportunity to revisit AIE today. I have to admit that the winner from the 11:00 AM show was really good. #1 wasn't bad, but #3 put the other two to shame. The crowd numbered just over 600 which means that there were still 400 seats unfilled. The judges had some constructive criticism for the two contestants who didn't win, so Disney is handling this attraction as if it is the real thing. I didn't see anyone around the park wearing their "vote for me" badge, but I didn't hang out around AIE for long.

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder
    when i go in june im prob going to try out for this. it sounds fun and entertaining. plus itd make for a good laugh at home. :P lol

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend