Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Birthday Fastpass is limited... in the News & Rumors forums; Reports are coming in from people taking advantage of the Fastpass alternative to the free ticket on your Birthday... As it turns out, it is NOT like the Dream Fastpasses ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Birthday Fastpass is limited...

Reports are coming in from people taking advantage of the Fastpass alternative to the free ticket on your Birthday...

As it turns out, it is NOT like the Dream Fastpasses (one immediate Fastpass for each FP attraction), but takes the form of a card you use in the kiosk machine to spit out an immediate FP. However, you can only get TWO FPs from one group of attractions (nominally the most popular), and two from another group of attractions (less popular), for a total of FOUR FPs per card (you can get up to 6 cards for your party, and the guests must be present to get them).

So it sounds like it might not be as good an option as first thought.

I've updated my Fastpass page with a list of attractions in each group as are being reported. I haven't confirmed the lists yet, and I'm waiting for some clarification on the Epcot attractions.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Since the fastpass option was never high on my priorities, I went back to check how the offer was stated. "A special birthday FASTPASS@ badge for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday." Since I already have an annual pass, the birthday fun card has always sounded like a better deal. If I can share the 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket, I might consider that, but I think I'm go'in shopp'n. 124 days!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Since the fastpass option was never high on my priorities, I went back to check how the offer was stated. "A special birthday FASTPASS@ badge for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday." Since I already have an annual pass, the birthday fun card has always sounded like a better deal. If I can share the 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket, I might consider that, but I think I'm go'in shopp'n. 124 days!
    That wording pretty much applies regardless. "Certain attractions" could refer to only those that have Fastpass. "The Theme Park you visit" was known as well. The same rules applied to the Dream Fastpass.

The interesting variance from the stated offer: "A special birthdayFASTPASS@ badge" - is is NOT a badge at all. The Dream Fastpass could have been considered a badge, although it was more of a placard. This is just a card of the park ticket type, which I don't think anyone could consider a badge. I think that's what threw off everyones expectations.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The Bday FP seems to be the same they use to do for DVC a while back. You would get a card/ticket after checking out DVC and it gave you 2 FPs (immediate) at any 2 FP locations.

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic View Post
    The Bday FP seems to be the same they use to do for DVC a while back. You would get a card/ticket after checking out DVC and it gave you 2 FPs (immediate) at any 2 FP locations.
    It is similar, although they've divided the attractions into two groups, so you only get two FP from one group and two from the other group - you can't use them all at one attraction (say, TSM).

I've heard that things are still in flux, however, and may be adjusted.
    Doc

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Does anyone know what the restrictions are for the gift card? Or if anyone can use your one day ticket or does it have to be you?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Seems there'd be some other way to reward those guests who love Disney so much that they have APs to go all the time (and spend their money while they are there)... in light of the birthday promotion that is.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by pigletfan View Post
    Does anyone know what the restrictions are for the gift card? Or if anyone can use your one day ticket or does it have to be you?
    It can only be used for merchandise, not food, and only at Disney O&O locations at WDW, and I believe there are a few more limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Seems there'd be some other way to reward those guests who love Disney so much that they have APs to go all the time (and spend their money while they are there)... in light of the birthday promotion that is.
    There are several options, including the gift card mentioned above.
    Doc

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    There are several options, including the gift card mentioned above.
    Yes I'm aware. Just saying it seems there'd be some option that is just as wonderful as a free day in the park.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd rather shop
    The Goofy Princess