Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Space Mountain Rhab in the News & Rumors forums; Wonder if they will update the pre and post show scenes as well? I miss the old RCA era stuff (especially the Blondie clip) and think it would be neat ...
    Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Wonder if they will update the pre and post show scenes as well? I miss the old RCA era stuff (especially the Blondie clip) and think it would be neat to see how Disney would aproach a similar theme today.

Looks like it will all begin shortly before our trip- It will be worth the wait if it is done as well as the HM refurb, but I will miss the people mover..........excuse me - TTA.

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE THE TTA ! I hope its not down in may when I go maybe they just block the view into the mt. althougt a sound up grade would be nice

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNMETALSCION View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE THE TTA ! I hope its not down in may when I go maybe they just block the view into the mt. althougt a sound up grade would be nice
    From what I've read the TTA closures are intermittent as they work on Space Mountain.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Creambunni is offline It's a small world after all...
    I think Space Mountain is the one attraction that needs a refurb the most. After riding the DL version, WDW's just pales in comparison. The speakers in the cars would probably be all it takes to make me happy.
    "It's a small world after all..."

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    Luckly my trip will be just prior ro my trip so I'll get to ride it. Hopefully the fix it up though I think it needs some seroius TLC.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

Arg!!

Well hopefully the TTA wont be down when we go in April right after SM closes. In all my 11 visits so far I have never taken a ride on the TTA. Fingers are crossed. Its not a big deal to us that SM will be closed as DD cannot ride it yet. However we will probably be riding Dumbo 15 times in a row.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Sure hope they make SM smoother. It is showing its age and jerks you around too much now. I'll miss it but will be happier when they fix it.

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The TTA will only be shut down to safely allow work to be done in the area immediately next to it's track area through SM.The TTA will be tarped and scaffolded over during the refurb.Don't expect much to be done to the TTA during the rehab though,the work that will be done,will be in SM itself.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd hope Disney would take advantage of the opportunity and give the TTA a little TLC. Nothing huge, but a little something.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I don't think they'll do much with it closed only from April 19th to the 30th.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Based on how long the big refurb took at Disneyland, even 8 months isn't long enough to do anything major to the track etc. of our beloved Space Mountain at WDW. I'd think maybe the new rocket sleds are a possibility (since those could be fabricated ahead of time) and some general retheming of maybe the queue line etc. but nothing quite as major as the changes Disneyland saw.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I just found that they are going to be doing this refurb starting like a month before I go....needless to say, IM CRUSHED!! Space Mountain is my all-time favorite ride in the entire universe, and I wont get to ride it this year!!! Im not lying when i tell you that i was nearly in tears....Tomorrowland just wont be the same this year i guess, what with Space Mountain and TTA both closed. But, like my mommy told me when i called her before almost crying, it'll be that much better when i go in 2010. And i have to admit, a little work on it couldnt hurt. It is kinda dated.....but i love it anyway!!
    BTW, The Hall of Presidents is also going to be down for Refurb. Im not sure about any other months other than May (cuz thats when im going) but it is scheduled to be down from at least May 1st through the 31st.
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, That was a piece of bad news I wasn't expecting when I read the heading of this thread about the refurb of Space Mountain.The TTA? Man that's one of our favorite rides, my 3 year old daughter will be sad. She calls it a roller coaster. We rode it 5 times this last trip. Oh well, maybe by Nov, they'll be a head of schedule, and have at least the TTA open.
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Can anyone imagine WALL-E being incorporated into the attraction!? I don't know why I thought of it, but that dawned on me earlier today. As much as I love WALL-E, I would be extremely upset if anything like that were to take place. There is a certain nostalgia about Space Mountain in its original state that makes it one of my favorites, it was the first attraction I went on! Oh, and they better keep the queue music!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well, we just got back and its "open" but my husband rode right at park opening yesterday and then 10 min later when I went to do the rider switch it was closed for technical issues. We tried again several times but it was still closed. I'm hoping when they finish the refurb the issues like this will be over. I haven't gotten to ride it in our last 3 trips because its been closed due to technical issues every time.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast