Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Space Mountain Rhab in the News & Rumors forums; I agree, Nicks10! I love, love, love, that queue music!! I would be really upset if they were to change that....
    eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree, Nicks10! I love, love, love, that queue music!! I would be really upset if they were to change that.

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    I'm just glad I got to get one last ride in on the 3rd. I had no idea it would be my last time before the refurb. I hope it will be good. Speakers in the vehicles would be great! But I have a feeling I will be going again late May or early June & if TTA is down as well as Space Mountain, I will probably cry.
    Love, Kerri

pacostrano is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm going there in May, I just hope that I will be able to do the TTA. Maybe the new Space Mountain will be like the Tokyo one and will be smoother.

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder
    well ive known about this for some days now, but ill complain anyway :P im going when both of those rides will b closed. and i love both of them! disney doesnt feel like the same without them! but if i have to deal with it for one trip, i guess i can. as long as i get to see pirates of the caribbean this yr becuz the last 3 times we've gone, its been closed. and i havnt yet gotten to show my little brother his fav ride.--i kno, i kno, if he hasnt even seen the ride then how is it already his fav? becuz hes all about POTC, and my family and i talk about it nonstop with him! so its amazing that its finally open for us to c! thanku disney!!

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemoxoxo View Post
    well ive known about this for some days now, but ill complain anyway :P im going when both of those rides will b closed. and i love both of them! disney doesnt feel like the same without them! but if i have to deal with it for one trip, i guess i can. as long as i get to see pirates of the caribbean this yr becuz the last 3 times we've gone, its been closed. and i havnt yet gotten to show my little brother his fav ride.--i kno, i kno, if he hasnt even seen the ride then how is it already his fav? becuz hes all about POTC, and my family and i talk about it nonstop with him! so its amazing that its finally open for us to c! thanku disney!!
    It will be different without Space Mountain or as I call it the REAL Chiropractic Mountain. I sware I get more back pains from it than Materhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland. Hopefully the re-track will make it smoother.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterfreak516 View Post
    It will be different without Space Mountain or as I call it the REAL Chiropractic Mountain. I sware I get more back pains from it than Materhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland. Hopefully the re-track will make it smoother.
    I went on Space Mountain this past December and I thought it was smooth. If you dislike bumpy coasters stay off of "Thunderhead" at Dollywood.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutoGirl View Post
    Well, we just got back and its "open" but my husband rode right at park opening yesterday and then 10 min later when I went to do the rider switch it was closed for technical issues. We tried again several times but it was still closed. I'm hoping when they finish the refurb the issues like this will be over. I haven't gotten to ride it in our last 3 trips because its been closed due to technical issues every time.
    I was in line on the 25th for it when it broke down again. I was patient and it did resume operation however they then let over 60 (yes I counted) fast passers into queue and after waiting another 10 minutes, realizing that they were letting all the FPs go and holding the stand-by queue, I walked out.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder
    But its strange that TTA isn't gonna be closed the entire time Space Mountain is closed. I guess they are changing things besides just the inside hall of the ride. I do really enjoy the DL version, especially the music

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by squishybear View Post
    But its strange that TTA isn't gonna be closed the entire time Space Mountain is closed. I guess they are changing things besides just the inside hall of the ride. I do really enjoy the DL version, especially the music
    I would guess that they'll be closing it when working on things inside that are viewable (and unable to be hidden) from the TTA. Like for example the part where you go under the initial "hill". No easy way to block any work going on there other than to build a ceiling. Of course I wish they'd just leave it open so you could get a sneak peak but most would say that'd kill the magic.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123