Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss IMAX at DTD in the News & Rumors forums; The AMC theatre site has under the coming soon category, an IMAX theatre at DTD. Don't know when or where, but could be a possible use for the Virgin Records ...
    BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

IMAX at DTD

The AMC theatre site has under the coming soon category, an IMAX theatre at DTD.

Don't know when or where, but could be a possible use for the Virgin Records store that is about to be vacant.

Looks like that will be good timing with Disney re-releasing some movies in 3-D & IMAX. Also good for the Nature series.

AMC Theatres
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: IMAX at DTD

Quote Originally Posted by BusDriver View Post
    The AMC theatre site has under the coming soon category, an IMAX theatre at DTD.

Don't know when or where, but could be a possible use for the Virgin Records store that is about to be vacant.

Looks like that will be good timing with Disney re-releasing some movies in 3-D & IMAX. Also good for the Nature series.

AMC Theatres
    This was posted yesterday in the Rumors forum as well.

Although it is possible they may use the Virgin location, it is probably more likely they will retrofit and existing theater or two. Otherwise they would need to duplicate ticket sales, concessions, etc. in the other building.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

That's true. I think it is great for Disney to get an ImMAX, no matter where they put it. I still hope the new nature movie is available in IMAX, but can't find any indication that it will be. The nearest options for me if it is would be Atlanta or Orlando.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Joel&Bee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Re: IMAX at DTD

Long overdue. Disney World needs an 3D IMAX theater. Looking forward to "Up" and "Toy Story" in 3D IMAX!

Joel playing bass with The Tropicals in Animal Kingdom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf8R7zVt1M

tiggerman122 is offline A-Ticket holder

This is cool, they need an Imax where Pleasure Iland used to be!

Nemoxoxo is offline C-Ticket Holder

thatd be sweet to have there. and i cant wait to see the Nature movie disney has comin out. i like it cuz im a nature person :P

trips:
    1995-june;polynesian 5 days
    '96-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '97-june;dixie landing 4 days
    '98-june;wilderness lodge 7 days
    '99-june;dixie landing 5 days
    '00-june;wilderness 8 days
    '01-june;wilderness 8 days-/christmas; polynesian 7 days
    '02-june; polynesian 6 days-/november; polynesian 4 days,
    '03-june;Yahct Club 9 days
    '04-june;Beach Club 9 days
    '05-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '06-june;Yacht Club 9 days
    '07-june;off site 2 days
    '08-june;wilderness campground 9 days
    '09-june;wilderness campground 9days
    '10-january;off site 4 days--(for 5k Race)
    '11-Sept 8-13 w/ boyfriend

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think this would be a good idea for DTD - a good fit with their direction.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think its a good choice.
    I know Disneyland Paris has a theater in their Downtown Disney.
    It's a good way to advertise new movies to guests and it lets guests who have seen posters for certain movies throughout the park enjoy the movies right on their trip.

I know a lot of international people come to Disney, but it takes longer for certain Disney movies to come out here in Europe. if I'm vacationing in Disney, I get to watch those movies a lot earlier than if I had to wait for them here. Bolt just got released in the Netherlands like a week ago.