Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Theme Park Passes in the News & Rumors forums; Just wanted to pass along an FYI. It seems that Disney is starting to offer plastic (like credit cards) Theme Park tickets instead of the paper ones. They are starting ...
    Mouseman is offline B-Ticket Holder

New Theme Park Passes

Just wanted to pass along an FYI. It seems that Disney is starting to offer plastic (like credit cards) Theme Park tickets instead of the paper ones. They are starting with CM discounted tickets that are purchased at Company D stores. And you can also get them at the ATM (automated ticket machines) at the park entrances. To the best of my knowledge if you go to a ticket window you still get the paper passes. They also redesigned them with paintings of the castle instead of characters. I know this will make a lot of AP holders happy. I'll post some pics of them later.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Yea for plastic!!! I hope that make the next logical move- Annual Passholders!! I cannot believe ours held up last year. I had to militant about them and made sure they didn't fall apart.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

r&trich is offline A-Ticket holder
    Plastic is much better! That's the reason we prefered to get park tickets included in our hotel package. The one time we got them at the Disney store we got the paper ones.
    1976- Off Property
    1996- Contemporary
    1998- Contemporary
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- Yacht Club
    2001-Contemporary
    2002- Wilderness Lodge
    2003- Grand Californian
    2004- Boardwalk Inn
    2005- Wilderness Lodge
    2007-Wilderness Lodge
    2009-Wilderness Lodge

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Arrow

Plastic would be so much better. Now we won't have to worry about keeping them dry when we go on the water attractions. I can't tell yo how many things in my pockets were soaked after the first time I went on Kali River Rapids..... I should have paid a little closer attention to details, like the 4 inches of water on the floor of the raft when i entered.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I hope they get to making the AP ones plastic soon because I have to renew mine in may and I WANT PLASTIC!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseman
    Just wanted to pass along an FYI. It seems that Disney is starting to offer plastic (like credit cards) Theme Park tickets instead of the paper ones. They are starting with CM discounted tickets that are purchased at Company D stores. And you can also get them at the ATM (automated ticket machines) at the park entrances. To the best of my knowledge if you go to a ticket window you still get the paper passes. They also redesigned them with paintings of the castle instead of characters. I know this will make a lot of AP holders happy. I'll post some pics of them later.
    Yeah for plastic, but hope they keep characters for APs. The characters make it easier to identify who's AP it is e.g. My DW was Minnie and I was Donald last year. I am hoping for MM this year.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Yeah for plastic, but hope they keep characters for APs. The characters make it easier to identify who's AP it is e.g. My DW was Minnie and I was Donald last year. I am hoping for MM this year.
    I agree with Jiminy about the characters. It was easier to keep up with our five passes with the characters on them. The kids knew which one was thiers when we were getting into the parks.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    whenever we went the passes were always plastic

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida
    i can't wait to see the new passes.

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I never understood why they went to paper tickets for APs and Seasonals in the first place. Okay, okay it's cheaper to produce...but pretty stupid for a ticket that has to be kept intact for a whole year. Until a few years ago, they were always plastic cards with your picture on them. I understand if they want to keep a magnetic strip and finger scan, but in the event the finger scan doesn't work, they could just look at the picture and see it's you instead of requiring separate photo ID. Makes sense to me!

mrspotts is offline A-Ticket holder

Leaving Tuesday

We leave next week and WDW travel mailed our "magic your way" passes about a month ago. They are plastic (with characters on them) and apparently also work as the key to our rooms. We will see how well this works out next Tuesday. Just can't wait to be king!!
    "Off to the cupboard with you"

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 19, 2005 8:15:00 AM MDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=maroon>We can`t wait</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Chillin\\\' with Chip!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I'm getting ready to add a section on the modern credit card sized tickets for my site and may have a few things to contribute here from the park opening until sometime in the early 80's The Magic kingdom had the old A-E type tickets, Not 100% sure on this next point but I believe it was when Epcot opened that they went to the all day Ticket first at Epcot (which I suspect never used "one per attraction" type ticket coupons) and since they were doing it there made it an option at the Magic Kingdom (If the change over there was like the one at Disneyland both options may have exixted side by side for a time before the ticket coupon books were totally phased out). Those all day tickets were not like the ones used today they were larger and did not have the magnetic stripe on the back, sometime in the early to mid 1990's they went to the credit card sized tickets with the magnetic stipe on the back, l this allows the resort guests to have their all in one type tickets where the card they get as thier room key can also be used as thier ticket and credit card (of course if you don't buy your tickets with your room booking you will have a seperate ticket) those plastic cards, although pretty in thier own way, are a bit plain (partly because the art on them is obscured by all the text that must be printed on the front of them) in comparison to the neat artwork depicted on the park tickets bought at the ticket windows, and Disney Stores. For the past few years some of the tickets sold in advance (like tickets ordered for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party and Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween party) have been mailed out as plastic tickets, also for some years the tickets sold at the Disney Store have been plastic as well. So for quite some time paper and plastic tickets have existed side by side.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

4Mickey is offline &quot;But why is the Rum gone?&quot;
    I would LOVE for my AP to come in Plastic next year! I am always worried about mine getting messed up or wet. I know they can be replaced, but still... I want plastic.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Mark Goldhaber is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    Not 100% sure on this next point but I believe it was when Epcot opened that they went to the all day Ticket first at Epcot (which I suspect never used "one per attraction" type ticket coupons) and since they were doing it there made it an option at the Magic Kingdom (If the change over there was like the one at Disneyland both options may have exixted side by side for a time before the ticket coupon books were totally phased out).
    Walt Dated World seems to confirm 1980, and it appears that there was some side-by-side coexistence.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Thanks Mark I didn't realize that Mousketeer Alison had such a detailed article on tickets!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast