Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Small World rehab, date changed again in the News & Rumors forums; Small World was scheduled to go into rehab in late July. This was to be the largest and most expensive rehab of an original attraction to date. The rehab was ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Small World rehab, date changed again

Small World was scheduled to go into rehab in late July. This was to be the largest and most expensive rehab of an original attraction to date. The rehab was to last a year. The date was moved up to June and yesterday it was moved up again, this saturday is the last day. Rehab starts May 2nd 2004. Expected completion is still a year (Spring 2005)

Also rehab on Snow White is going to finish about 3-4 weeks early. Expected to open May 8th, 2004.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I'm curious as to how much of the attraction and those campy 70's scenes are really going to change (plaase keep the hula girls and the guy on the surfboard. Oh, and the Help! clowns, too!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I have been taking plenty of pics and going back to get some video tonight. That way I can see exactly how they changed it. From the sounds of it, it will be a major upgrade for the attraction.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I heard it is going to be a minor story change, but a major light and sound change.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    In addition to improving the lighting (in part by making some of those high bulbs that never got changed accesabile some how or other ...catwalks maybe?), and the sound. They are also doing asbestos abatement as the building does have asbestos in it.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Yes, Disney Auctions will be selling some of the asbestos on eBay as "collector's items" and park memorabilia - "Bring Home a Piece of the Magic" (anything to make a buck!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42