Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland rehab! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by rudyjr13 Some other forums have posted blueprints for this Fantasyland rehab that include many additions to the land. Plans call for Toon Town to be transformed into ...
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Fantasyland rehab!

Quote Originally Posted by rudyjr13 View Post
    Some other forums have posted blueprints for this Fantasyland rehab that include many additions to the land. Plans call for Toon Town to be transformed into a forest land geard towards Princesses. The plans look great, one can only hope they get greenlit ASAP! Hopefully Lou can get some inside info on this project soon.
    I have always thought Toontown was a bit of a waste of space. I would like to see the characters mingle again rather than having a congested centralized meeting place.
    Tim

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

There is a real noticable difference between DL and WDW-MK in Fantasyland. The facades at MK are cheaper looking compared to the more substantial look in DL. DL has the advantage of some very mature development, but in general has a better feel. MK has room to improve, as awesome as it is already.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    One thing's for sure -- Disney has plenty of room back there to expand.

See this aerial view:
    that area wasn't all that green when i used to drive by it. though at the time they were working on Pooh's Playful Spot so a lot of equipment was in that area. i could see one or two rides, but they're obviously utilizing some of that space for equipment staging.

rudyjr13 is offline A-Ticket holder

Grain of salt:

progresscityusa.com/archives/fantasy-or-reality

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

Take a Looksee at what i found. guess we arent the only ones who got a peek

Secret plans to overhaul Disney World's Fantasyland?
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

hbk1313 is offline A-Ticket holder

I have heard rumors of a Little Mermaid ride for quite some time. Best info I have heard is that the ride will definately open in DCA before it is considered for the Magic Kingdom. A few years back I had heard a target date of 2011 - 40th Anniversary of MK - as a pie in the sky date. But since DCA will not open their ride until that time, I don't see that ride coming to WDW anytime soon.

As for a Fantasyland overhaul, I could see it tied into the 50th Anniversary (2021). DLR got a ton of stuff done leading up to its 50th.

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

I could see this possibly for the 40th celebration in 2011. Though this is totally rumor right now.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder

In a world of my own.......

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

If you look at those plans it doesn't show some very popular rides so I don't believe it will be happening like the plans. It is missing Small World, Peter Pan, Snow White, Fantasmic, just to name the few I can think of. What does anyone else think?
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

DOasDREAMERSdo is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    If you look at those plans it doesn't show some very popular rides so I don't believe it will be happening like the plans. It is missing Small World, Peter Pan, Snow White, Fantasmic, just to name the few I can think of. What does anyone else think?
    Maybe I'm looking at the plans wrong, but it seems like they just don't show on the page....they're on the very edge? At least that's what I had thought...I definitely could be wrong!
    Any wish is possible,
    all it takes is a little courage to set it free

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder

Those rides aren't on the page, because they are not in the area that will be changed. Those will most likely be left alone.
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Given all the new additions to the park in recent years, and the fact that Disney has been closing rides to save money, I really don't think this will be happening, or at least anytime soon. I doubt we will be seeing a roller coaster in Fantasyland (although the mine idea is pretty cool) because Fantasyland was at the heart of Walt's idea for the park, to have a family oriented place where the entire family can enjoy themselves and take part in everything.

While I do agree with updating Fantasyland, I don't think they need a COMPLETE overhaul of the area, it would be nice to keep most of it for nostolgic reasons.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

I'll believe this when I see it/read it from an official source.

What I do believe is that Disney needs to build another BIG attraction as well as refurbing some of the areas in WDW to get more bodies back in WDW. I mean what was the last really big attraction, EE?

I think MK is the park that needs a new BIG attraction, Fire Mountain sounded good but never came to fruition. Unfortunately with the economy the way it is at the moment I cant see this happening anytime soon.

Ruddy

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I have always thought Toontown was a bit of a waste of space.
    me too

I think the speedway is a waste too
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12