Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland rehab! in the News & Rumors forums; I have heard that fantasyland is getting a bunch of new rides and getting redone so it looks kinda like disneyland's version. Some of the new rumored rides are a ...
    Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Smile Fantasyland rehab!

I have heard that fantasyland is getting a bunch of new rides and getting redone so it looks kinda like disneyland's version. Some of the new rumored rides are a little mermaid dark ride, a beauty and the beast dark ride that would replace snow whites scary adventures, and a roller coaster ride that would go through the seven dwarfs diamond mine. I think these additions would be awesome. What do you think?
    Last edited by Huntertwilliams; 07-09-2009 at 10:13 PM.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Fantasyland rehab!

sounds GREAT! with 2 kids ages 2-4, i am looking forward to this!

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sounds like just rumor! Haven't seen or heard anything about this before now...something this big would certainly be mentioned on other sites.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I've heard about the Little Mermaid ride but not the other rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
    Sounds like just rumor! Haven't seen or heard anything about this before now...something this big would certainly be mentioned on other sites.
    Go to screamscape.com and on the home page look at July 9 news.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwilliams View Post
    Go to screamscape.com and on the home page look at July 9 news.
    I must be missing something. All I see is: WDW: Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland Rehab and new Pirate's Stuff which takes me to a little blurb and infor about the Pirate League. I don't see anything about new rides or a Fantasyland rehab.
    Michele
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

I must be missing something. All I see is: WDW: Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland Rehab and new Pirate's Stuff which takes me to a little blurb and infor about the Pirate League. I don't see anything about new rides or a Fantasyland rehab.
    after clicking the thing on the home page and going to the page it takes you to scroll down and you will find all the stuff on the fantasyland rehab.

Okay, got it. That's from July, 2008, and is posted on the Blue Sky Disney blog. I have to believe that this economy has put a screeching halt to any plans for a major overhaul of Fantasyland. Some new attractions would be nice, though.
    Michele
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

WDW has added many attraction the past five years. A complete overhaul of Fantasyland would be very costly, so I think this is mostly rumor although a few may develop over the next five years.

Okay, got it. That's from July, 2008, and is posted on the Blue Sky Disney blog. I have to believe that this economy has put a screeching halt to any plans for a major overhaul of Fantasyland. Some new attractions would be nice, though.
    look at the artticle over that.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwilliams View Post
    I have heard that fantasyland is getting a bunch of new rides and getting redone so it looks kinda like disneyland's version. Some of the new rumored rides are a little mermaid dark ride, a beauty and the beast dark ride that would replace snow whites scary adventures, and a roller coaster ride that would go through the seven dwarfs diamond mine. I think these additions would be awesome. What do you think?
    I have heard similar rumors but I didn't hear anything about new rides. I heard they wanted to get the facades and exteriors in better shape since things were looking old and tired. I also know that the space where the Fantasyland Skyway System was slated to be a restaurant at one point but it hasn't happened.
    Tim

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

One thing's for sure -- Disney has plenty of room back there to expand.

See this aerial view:
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

rudyjr13 is offline A-Ticket holder

Some other forums have posted blueprints for this Fantasyland rehab that include many additions to the land. Plans call for Toon Town to be transformed into a forest land geard towards Princesses. The plans look great, one can only hope they get greenlit ASAP! Hopefully Lou can get some inside info on this project soon.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder

rudyjr13,

Where did you look at those plans. I would like to see them; curiosity definitely get the best of me!

rudyjr13 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMom View Post
    rudyjr13,

Where did you look at those plans. I would like to see them; curiosity definitely get the best of me!

On another forum site that rhymes with Nice Hat...I've heard they keep disappearing on the internet. I have it saved but will wait for an admin to weigh in if it is ok to post. One of the other forum sites admins removed it and he asked the community to keep it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast