Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Next Yearly Theme for Disney? in the News & Rumors forums; Has there been any indication as to what the theme for 2010 will be? This year of course is celebrating big moments and last year was part of the YOMD. ...
    04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Question Next Yearly Theme for Disney?

Has there been any indication as to what the theme for 2010 will be? This year of course is celebrating big moments and last year was part of the YOMD. Will Disney extend this years theme or are they in works for a new promotion? What are some ideas you would give Disney for a new yearly theme for 2010? What do you know and what do you want to see?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Next Yearly Theme for Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    Has there been any indication as to what the theme for 2010 will be? This year of course is celebrating big moments and last year was part of the YOMD. Will Disney extend this years theme or are they in works for a new promotion? What are some ideas you would give Disney for a new yearly theme for 2010? What do you know and what do you want to see?
    I haven't heard any peeps on anything yet. The Celebrate promotion could get extended (now that they have a better handle on it, compared to the start of the year), but it is also closing in on WDW's 40th...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder

yeah, they are going to realize the What Will You Celebrte theme was kinda lame and bring back "Year of a Million Dreams for the next twenty years
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

My vote would be for "Year of a million discounted room rates and free dining!"

(On - but that was this year!)
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Chefmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I haven't heard any peeps on anything yet. The Celebrate promotion could get extended (now that they have a better handle on it, compared to the start of the year), but it is also closing in on WDW's 40th...
    I think this is exactly what they will do until 2011, or maybe Oct 2010.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

I wouldn't mind at all if they didn't have a new promotion. Seems like thats all they focus on anymore.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

With all the effort and expense of "What will you Celebrate?" in terms of merchandise, ads, other materials, logos everywhere, etc., I suspect it will be extended into 2010. If this is the case, Disney needs to open up the birthday registrations for 2010. We're under 6 months until 2010 and some are starting to book 2010 trips. I know I have an early trip booked for marathon weekend and sure would like to register my daughter's birthday as we will be there on her b'day.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    With all the effort and expense of "What will you Celebrate?" in terms of merchandise, ads, other materials, logos everywhere, etc., I suspect it will be extended into 2010. If this is the case, Disney needs to open up the birthday registrations for 2010. We're under 6 months until 2010 and some are starting to book 2010 trips. I know I have an early trip booked for marathon weekend and sure would like to register my daughter's birthday as we will be there on her b'day.
    Pre-registering only save a few minutes at the will call window - it is not required. So long as you show up with the appropriate documentation, you get one of the Birthday options.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disnyfan83 View Post
    My vote would be for "Year of a million discounted room rates and free dining!"

(On - but that was this year!)
    Right on!!! That would be the best way to get guests into the parks!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

How about...We keep the celebrate theme, and improve upon it... and give people free flights and dining when they book a 7 day 6 night package

And then we have Walt Disney World's 40th anniversary celebration, with a new parade at all of the parks, and a fixing up and improving of all the parks, carrying out improvements, refurbs, new attractions, and bring back old concepts to make the parks as great as they could be. Fullfill the potential of the parks, and get ready for the biggest celebration in the History of Walt Disney World.... The 50th anniversary of the opening of WDW. I can just imagine what they could do...
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!