Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Good news, for a change. in the News & Rumors forums; If you're not familiar with Foxxfur, you should be. Her blog, Passport2dreams, is an intelligent, insightful history and critique of WDW. Anyone interested in themepark design and theory is sure ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Good news, for a change.

If you're not familiar with Foxxfur, you should be. Her blog, Passport2dreams, is an intelligent, insightful history and critique of WDW. Anyone interested in themepark design and theory is sure to appreciate her thoughts. I recommend her latest article Passport to Dreams Old & New

Enjoy.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Good news, for a change.

Great insight, thanks for the link.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

No problem.

Foxxfur also writes for 2719 HYPERION, which is an excellent site too.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

She is an interesting read. She doesn't blog through rose colored glasses yet her criticisms are respectful when she points them out.

While I am a true Disney Nut, I've for many years watched the quality of some things slip, from food to the general upkeep of the parks. Never, through the 80's would you see chipped paint on rails or dried ice cream on a sidewalk. I too questioned some of the things Disney let go or let in, McD's was on that list.

Some jump on those who criticise Disney. I like to hear all sides.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    She is an interesting read. She doesn't blog through rose colored glasses yet her criticisms are respectful when she points them out.

While I am a true Disney Nut, I've for many years watched the quality of some things slip, from food to the general upkeep of the parks. Never, through the 80's would you see chipped paint on rails or dried ice cream on a sidewalk. I too questioned some of the things Disney let go or let in, McD's was on that list.

Some jump on those who criticise Disney. I like to hear all sides.
    Very well said. I also agree quality has slipped over the last decade so it was nice to read about something positive from someone who isn't drinking the Kool-Aid.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wow that was a really cool blog! Thanks for sharing, i'll have to go back and look at older posts sometime. I do like how she doesn't think every disney thing is great, but she doesn't bash anything she doesn't like either. Those connections in Journey Into your imagination with figment and the enchanted tiki room are amazing. The head advisors for the company and the parks need to start reading that blog and learning a lesson...

Thanks again!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

I think Foxxfur is an excellent writer and I look forward to each new installment.