Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Skyway in Tomorrowland Question in the News & Rumors forums; I just read on LaughingPlace, that they are currently tearing down the Skyway station in Tomorrowland. Does anybody know why they are taking this away? Does it have anything to ...
    redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Question Skyway in Tomorrowland Question

I just read on LaughingPlace, that they are currently tearing down the Skyway station in Tomorrowland. Does anybody know why they are taking this away? Does it have anything to do with the Space Mountain refurb?
    -Zac

mrp769854 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Skyway in Tomorrowland Question

well as of right now the building is still up but there's tarp on the side facing CoP. I don't think there's any word on what they're planning for it yet

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The only thing that came out of the mouth of a Disney exec regarding it was that it would offer an unobstructed view of Space Mountain.

A portion of the building will remain to continue to house the bathrooms, but it doesn't sound like anything new is planned.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Probably about time with no skyway coming back.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What about the chalet skyway station in Fantasyland? They should do something with that. IMO it's cheesy to leave these unused structures as they are, very unDisney.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

I agree.
    Are they still usin' the one in Fantasyland as a stroller (at least I thought it was at one point) station?
    There has to be somethin' better to do with it than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    I agree.
    Are they still usin' the one in Fantasyland as a stroller (at least I thought it was at one point) station?
    There has to be somethin' better to do with it than that!
    Yes, it is still Stroller Parking. I don't know exactly WHAT they could do with it. It isn't as obtrusive as the Tomorrowland building and its something of a vertical climb, so disabled access could be an issue as well.

The only thing I have ever heard is the possibility of a restaurant, but I doubt it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Yes, it is still Stroller Parking. I don't know exactly WHAT they could do with it. It isn't as obtrusive as the Tomorrowland building and its something of a vertical climb, so disabled access could be an issue as well.

The only thing I have ever heard is the possibility of a restaurant, but I doubt it.
    Bummer.
    Good point about the accessibility situation, but what an OPPORTUNITY maybe for the imagineers to shine buy comin' up with a really ingenious solution?!
    Just a thought.
    They should do somethin' better with it though, I think.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Bummer.
    what an OPPORTUNITY maybe for the imagineers to shine buy comin' up with a really ingenious solution?!
    They should do somethin' better with it though, I think.

Exactly! But I don't blame the imagineers, I blame whoever has control of the purse strings...it's cheaper to let it sit unoccupied. Spend a few bucks and make an enhancement. And put some actual thought into the project so you don't wind up with another embarassing stitch stage fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Exactly! But I don't blame the imagineers, I blame whoever has control of the purse strings...it's cheaper to let it sit unoccupied. Spend a few bucks and make an enhancement. And put some actual thought into the project so you don't wind up with another embarassing stitch stage fiasco.
    Yep! Definitely not blamin' the Imagineers. It is, of course, always about the money, but Walt would have had Roy find a way to get the money!
    Sorry! Couldn't resist...!
    I'm thinkin' they need to hire me as the first, 'official' anyway, Imagineer/Armtwister!
    Oh well. A guy can dream, can't he?!?!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Hey, can I be the co-armtwister? That sound like it might be fun. If the armtwisting didn't work, we could go with a choke down until they submit to our demands!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

BTW, great to see ya around Steve!! Oh, sorry, Homeskillet!!!! LOL!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder

They could use the Fantasyland skyway station as a character greeting... :0)

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Based on a notice of commencement I found online today (dated 7/29), the Skyway terminal is to be demolished (as opposed to renovated). The bathrooms will apparently by renovated.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Based on a notice of commencement I found online today (dated 7/29), the Skyway terminal is to be demolished (as opposed to renovated). The bathrooms will apparently by renovated.
    The bathrooms are part of the Skyway building currently. It is expected that this is at least a partial demolition, except for the bathrooms, which will have the exterior redone after the main demolition.

They could decide to fully demolish and then build a new bathroom in its place though...
    Doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast