Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney to acquire Marvel - What do you think? in the News & Rumors forums; Oh, please! please!! PLEASE!!! Keep them completely separate entities!!!!! OOOOOHHHHHHHH PLLLLEEEEEEEAASSSSSSSSSSE?!?!?!!!!!!!!...
    Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: Disney to acquire Marvel - What do you think?

Oh, please! please!! PLEASE!!! Keep them completely separate entities!!!!!
    OOOOOHHHHHHHH PLLLLEEEEEEEAASSSSSSSSSSE?!?!?!!!!!!!!

mags11 is offline A-Ticket holder

OK, my thoughts...
    1. Love Disney.....
    2. Love Marvel.....
    HELLOOOOOO?!?!

Disney has found recent success with the Pirate films and National Treasure films. They also acquired use of the Power Rangers, Muppets, Club Penguin and Lucasfilm characters and have done an outstanding job promoting them (although - being a Star Wars fan - I could use an entire SW theme park run by Disney, but I'm happy with what they have and the possibility of a Star Tours 2.0). Acquiring Marvel just makes good business sense all around. I'm confident that Marvel Characters will be limited to DHS and maybe tomorrowland (although that's really a stretch). Personally, I love Disney just as it is, but business is business, and they do listen to all of those surveys that we fill out, and I'm sure that many people have criticized Disney for their lack of thrill rides. Acquiring Marvel gives them a wealth of characters to create an endless amount of story ideas for thrill rides, shows and attractions. I sincerely doubt that Mickey and Minnie will be vacationing in Universal Studios.....EVER.

I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Like others have said, I can't really see Disney and Marvel together yet - It seems like the two companies target different demographics.
    That is exactly why the bought Marvel. Disney needs something for the boys and Iron Man, Spiderman, and X-Men are still pretty big.

HELLOOOOOO?!?!
    Right back at ya'!
    Very aware that 'Bidness is bidness', and like you said, I like Disney just as it is too. DHS is fine, maybe, but I just don't want to walk around all the Disney parks with everything so convoluted that you can't tell whats what anymore. And I understand about all the other aquisitions, but Disney found a way to work them in very well, and I expect they will use the same discretion in this case.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Even as a kid I was never interested in "superheroes" I thought they were ridiculous and still feel that way. I understand why Disney has done this deal but they won't get any extra money out of me or my family because of it. I have no interest in the marvel franchise. To me it's as dumb as professional wrestling.

Maybe the superheroes could team-up with KISS and go open their own park somewhere far, far, away...!

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

Marvel superhero weekends? Think Star Wars weekends, only Marvel......
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

Beside, like I posted on another thread, I get a good chuckle every time I think about Universal probably having to write checks to The Mouse!

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder

According to the local news article I read today, Marvel has several movie deals already sealed with other companies, which Disney said they would honor.

I'm sure there is a strong possibility that Universal has the same type of deal. Does anyone have any input on this, such as how long that contract with Universal could be, and what stands to happen to IOA when it expires?

Iger said there were no plans in the immediate future for a new theme park, but this could certainly open doors for one in the not so near yet not so far future! This park could be a serious thrill park with things like Spiderman bungee jumping! (I know, far fetched and too much like IOA, but who knows?)

Thats the other thing that really kinda' makes me VERY skeptical at first glance... Disney being more like the other parks with all their 'thrill' rides. Disney made a name for itself years ago and set the standard, even with their thrill rides. I know that 'times are a changin'' but all other theme parks spent years tryin' to be better than Disney for a reason... They were and STILL ARE - IMHO - THE BEST!!!!! If they are gonna' do it, I expect it to be at least 2 steps ahead!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by hbk1313 View Post
    DC Comics is a division of Warner Bros; that would be as much of a problem as the now Disney-owned Marvel license.
    I'm aware of who owns DC but it's amazing the differences that can be put aside when money is involved.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by tmlinz View Post
    Marvel superhero weekends? Think Star Wars weekends, only Marvel......
    dude, might I say...

COOLEST IDEA EVER!!!
    I would so totally love that.

As for this new deal I was jumping and screaming when my bro told me that.
    I so love this.
    Coolest deal ever. I'm super-ultra-mega happy. (Mickey dressed as Spidey)
    If Disney get's a spot in IoA mavel-land (I know it won't happen, but still) I would go to Grad Bash.

or what if Mavel gets a spot in Hollywood Studio's, or they get like Cap America to go to the American Adventure in EPCOT?
    HOW COOL. DISNEY IS SLOWLY TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!

Last edited by disney_freak; 08-31-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

cholleman is offline A-Ticket holder

I think this is awesome. Great move by Disney and for Marvel.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

I can't wait for Thorin over California
    WDW Radio Android App.

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think that Disney are smart enough to recognise that these characters should just be limited to DHS. It's a great decision financially seeing as how those sorts of films have done very well at the box office.
    Universal have roughly 2 years left on the contracts, which from news reports Disney are willing to keep and then will obviously dscontinue after that. Universal can (with a bit of time, money and hard work) rebrand the IoA rides without changing much to the actual ride layouts. Most of the likely problems will come in marketing and merchandise for both companies.
    [As for the small drop in disney share prices, it is the norm for company shares to dip when a takeover of another company is in place; they will rise soon and quickly]

In my own opinion as long as they dont over do it, or replace great attractions with similar but marvel orientated ones, i'll be happy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast