Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Is Expanding in the News & Rumors forums; While I am incredibly excited, this dashed my dreams that 20K would return someday. Can't they make some itty bitty space for Toad? And any plans for Fantasyland besides the ...
    StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Re: Fantasyland Is Expanding

While I am incredibly excited, this dashed my dreams that 20K would return someday. Can't they make some itty bitty space for Toad? And any plans for Fantasyland besides the expansion? Everytime I stare up at the old Fantasyland skyway station, I cringe. Maybe a restaurant?
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

When is all this supposed to take place? I hope they don't start in November....that would be my luck.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Way to appeal to only young girls Disney. Sorry but they should spend their money building on Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Even if they are going to add on to Fantasyland, why only princesses? I like the Dumbo section so far but everything else is Princesses and Fairies. And it seems to be a lot of meet and greet. Hopefully the next D23 expo will announce a larger Star Wars and Indiana Jones presence and more Pixar and Muppet attractions for HS. Or better yet how about Beastly Kingdom.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    Way to appeal to only young girls Disney. Sorry but they should spend their money building on Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Even if they are going to add on to Fantasyland, why only princesses? I like the Dumbo section so far but everything else is Princesses and Fairies. And it seems to be a lot of meet and greet. Hopefully the next D23 expo will announce a larger Star Wars and Indiana Jones presence and more Pixar and Muppet attractions for HS. Or better yet how about Beastly Kingdom.
    Ya know I never thought about it this way. Maybe once this expansion is over the other parks will be on the agenda.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Disappointed with this, would much rather them have gotten rid of camp minnie mickey at AK and finally started on Beastly Kingdomme.

AK will remain to be the weakest park until they do this or something similar.

Ruddy

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    When is all this supposed to take place? I hope they don't start in November....that would be my luck.
    I read somewhere that construction is to begin sometime next year. From the rendering it seems like a lot of what they're adding is on land that is currently backstage, so it is possible that it could be a while after construction begins before they start closing anything down.

SnowCinder82 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I am interested to see what else is added in the "belle" section, like restaurants and things related to the beast (perfect timing with the 20th anniversary, geez i feel old)

dont get my wrong, i love Cinderella, but why such a big space for each princess, what else are they going to do in there? I mean Cinderella has a castle! come on. and what about Snow White? it seems she's getting the shift.

I agree that the meet and geet in toontown is awesome, and i hope that there will be something like that in the future, BUT there should be something said for walking around the corner and seeing a princess greeting people, out in the world. If this three spots (cinderella, belle, and aurora) are just pure meet and greet, 24/7 with nothing other than a gift shop, with rotating princesses i'm not sure i like that.
    Lovin' Disney since 1982

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tom Morrow View Post
    I agree. Why waste so much real estate on meet and greet. The characters should stroll like the old days. And what about the male visitors? Where is the appeal for them?
    Tim

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

What about the male visitors? Where's the appeal for them?
    Tim

darrylpan is offline A-Ticket holder

Dont the males have Splash Mountain, Big Thunder mountain, Haunted mansion, Pirates of the Carribean. I like this plan and think it will be an area worth exploring.

I agree Tim. It seems that FantasyLand is taking a distinct feminine turn. Maybe FrontierLand or AdventureLand could be a bastion of maleness. Still though, I do like the plans!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

You guys wonder what the boys will do. They have a newly refurbished Space Mountain, with an arcade if they stick with it. A shooting booth in Frontierland, shooting aliens with Buzz Lightyear. Race cars in Tomorrowland. I think boys have plenty to do still. I don't think it will change much. Most boys watch the movies growing up and know what's going on. I see alot of little boys wanting to meet the princesses, I would too, but for different reasons(lol). But anyways, I think it will be perfectly balanced, I think it won't change much except a larger thing for girls to do, while the boys are killing the aliens, racing the cars, blasting through space, and being a pirate. That's all from a Magic Kingdom point of view. I don't see to much girly stuff in the other 3 parks.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Quote Originally Posted by pranker51502 View Post
    You guys wonder what the boys will do. They have a newly refurbished Space Mountain, with an arcade if they stick with it. A shooting booth in Frontierland, shooting aliens with Buzz Lightyear. Race cars in Tomorrowland. I think boys have plenty to do still. I don't think it will change much. Most boys watch the movies growing up and know what's going on. I see alot of little boys wanting to meet the princesses, I would too, but for different reasons(lol). But anyways, I think it will be perfectly balanced, I think it won't change much except a larger thing for girls to do, while the boys are killing the aliens, racing the cars, blasting through space, and being a pirate. That's all from a Magic Kingdom point of view. I don't see to much girly stuff in the other 3 parks.
    With three beautiful daughters I see me spending a lot of time in the new FantasyLand. And I too like meeting the princesses, hubba hubba!

lizseesghosts is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I don't argue it's popularity. It's the first ride we are riding next week with my two year old. I just think that there is a lot of work going into Dumbo with this Fantasyland Expansion/refurb. My family and I are incredibly excited about the expanded princess areas but I think there needs to be other attractions. I'd love a Pinocchio or an Alice in Wonderland attraction. How about a new Mr. Toad. Like I said, I'm excited. I just want MORE!!!
    Anyone have any insight as to why WDW doesn't have a Pinocchio ride like Disneyland? I would love to see this attraction in MK!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    While I am incredibly excited, this dashed my dreams that 20K would return someday.
    The fact that it was closed and slowly dismantled for over 10 years, announced that it would never reopen in 1996, and filled in a couple years ago still left you room for hope?

I would have loved for it to re-open so that I could have experienced it, since our first trip was in 1997. Whenever I saw the lagoon, I thought two things: What did I miss? and They need to do SOMETHING with this hole...

Hopefully the one at DL will last long enough for us to make the cross-country trek...

Quote Originally Posted by lizseesghosts View Post
    Anyone have any insight as to why WDW doesn't have a Pinocchio ride like Disneyland? I would love to see this attraction in MK!
    Well, if everything was the same, then there would be no incentive to visit the other park...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast