Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Is Expanding in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad I agree Tim. It seems that FantasyLand is taking a distinct feminine turn. Maybe FrontierLand or AdventureLand could be a bastion of maleness. Still though, I ...
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Fantasyland Is Expanding

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I agree Tim. It seems that FantasyLand is taking a distinct feminine turn. Maybe FrontierLand or AdventureLand could be a bastion of maleness. Still though, I do like the plans!
    Yes. Why don't they have Testosterone Land? We could have the Chest Hair attraction, The Eat With Your Mouth Open Ride, and The Tunnel Of Gas. Could be really cool!
    Tim

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Yes. Why don't they have Testosterone Land? We could have the Chest Hair attraction, The Eat With Your Mouth Open Ride, and The Tunnel Of Gas. Could be really cool!
    and a one hideous shirt attraction

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by wdwtristan View Post
    and a one hideous shirt attraction
    Don't forget the black socks with sandals restaurant.
    Tim

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Don't forget the black socks with sandals restaurant.
    Actually, I thought it was "Socks With Crocs"...

(Admittedly guilty of that, but because of the blisters on my feet at the time...)
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

bmcintyre is offline A-Ticket holder

I heard about the addition of Pixie Hollow - but doesn't Fantasyland already have that? Anyone hear about the Beast's castle in this refurb? As to refurbishing Star Tours, that is in the plans, incorporating the new trio of movies into the script.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcintyre View Post
    I heard about the addition of Pixie Hollow - but doesn't Fantasyland already have that? Anyone hear about the Beast's castle in this refurb? As to refurbishing Star Tours, that is in the plans, incorporating the new trio of movies into the script.
    Pixie Hollow as it exists now is inside where the Princess Meet&Greet is in Toontown. It's a nice area, but it still feels indoors.

The new one will be a (mostly) outdoor area, which will also include a new themed play area (or at least the current designs have one).

I believe the Beast's castle is the exterior design for the Be Our Guest/Gaston's Tavern dining areas (the former being a table service restaurant, the latter counter service).

And yes, Star Tours 2 was finally confirmed. The only video shown at D23 is of a pod race segment, but it will not be the only part of the new film. Plus, it will be in 3D although the technology for it hasn't been said. Word is they were planning on using some sort of projection technology that would not require the polarized glasses, but no idea if that will be the case.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by bmcintyre View Post
    I believe the Beast's Castle is going to be one of the restaurants. I don't see how you can have another "castle" so close to Cinderella Castle even if it is a restaurant. Should be interesting.
    Tim

I believe the Beast's Castle is going to be one of the restaurants. I don't see how you can have another "castle" so close to Cinderella Castle even if it is a restaurant. Should be interesting.
    I don't think it is going to be a full castle ala Cindy's...from the artwork, it looks like via perspective it will be somewhere in the distance, with the restaurant underneath it.
    Doc

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I don't think it is going to be a full castle ala Cindy's...from the artwork, it looks like via perspective it will be somewhere in the distance, with the restaurant underneath it.
    I know the plans are fluid and subject to change, however, I think too much emphasis is being put on meet and greet. I know it's just my personal opinion but I don't like it.
    Tim

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

I'm curious about something. One of the incarnations of the new Fantasyland that I read about, back when this was still rumor, claimed that the expanded Dumbo ride would be realized by taking Aladdin out of Adventurland, retheming it and dropping it next to the original Dumbo in a new location in what is currently ToonTown. I've seen what appears to be official confirmation of every aspect of this except for the closing of Aladdin.

Has anyone heard anything official about whether or not this does indeed mean the end of Aladdin? Thanks.

Tony

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234