Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Is Expanding in the News & Rumors forums; Maybe this is old news to some, but Disney has officially announced an expansion of Fantasyland as well as a new attraction: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. It's about time!...
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Fantasyland Is Expanding

Maybe this is old news to some, but Disney has officially announced an expansion of Fantasyland as well as a new attraction: Ariel's Undersea Adventure. It's about time!
    Tim

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: Fantasyland Is Expanding

Any word on if they are taking rides out?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Complete coverage about Fantasyland expansion:
    DisneyDaddy!
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm so excited!!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

Dopey, it looks like ToonTown is a going to be gone from what I am hearing, aside from Barnstormer

bellaDisneydncr is offline B-Ticket Holder

This is going to be so AMAZING!!!
    Are You 23? I am! Future WDW Entertainment CM

Look.Read.Watch. Tweet.Ask.Creep.

mercurywaxing is offline B-Ticket Holder

Toon Town isn't much of a loss. Mickey will be on Main Street, which in my mind where he belongs because he. It doesn't appear that any old rides will go away. Much like the "real" times in which the Fantasyland stories take place the prince and princesses will be behind the castle walls while non-royalty will be outside the walls. Pooh, Peter Pan, and yes Snow White even fitsbecause the ride is mostly about her adventures outside a castle.

Not much for me there other than a new sit down restaurant (Thank Jeebus!) but I'm glad to see the place get a freshening up.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I am really excited about this!! However... I really hope they do this Expansion Right. The mermaid ride sounds great and the restaurant sounds like it's goin to be amazing! Fantasyland is allowed and supposed to have characters.

I'm just worried about...
    1. I hope they don't even get close to dwarfing the castle.
    2. I hope the Dumbo area is really great and good for EVERYONE... and maybe they expand it so that young and old boys and girls will both be drawn back to that corner of the park.
    3. Keep the character meet and greets there for a few years... but don't spend too much money that it takes away from the other rides and projects. Hopefully these meet and greets will be changed to rides someday.
    4. DO NOT focus this expansion on the disney princess franchise. The original movies are fine to be focused on, but there are other characters in the movies besides the princess.
    5. I hope they realize that this fantasyland expansion is great, but the other lands shouldn't be neglected because they need some work too... (ah hem tomorrowland!!)
    6. Don't let monitary restraints stop this expansion at all. Do it all out no matter how much it costs, because it will probably cost less than ripping it down and rebuilding it the way it should have been in the first place.

Anyway. Even after all my negativity, i'm still VERY excited to see this happening!!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

can't wait! Maybe they'll to hire more Imagineers to complete the project (fingers crossed)
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

lizseesghosts is offline A-Ticket holder

Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, so I am incredibly excited about this. I just hope they keep boys in mind when planning. So much emphasis is placed on princesses, and while that is great for girls, it is often at the expense of the boys. As a mom with 2 young boys, I am hoping there will be enough there for all of us to enjoy!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Magic Kingdom also is our favorite park. Really looking forward to the completion of this.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'm looking forward to it and seeing something new.

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Im scared that these plans will end up like AK's Phase 3. I am really hoping that Im wrong though.

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

While I am excited about the expansion of FantasyLand, it saddens me to see Mickey's Judges Tent going away. This was such a special place to have a very personable interaction with Mickey and have good quality photos taken either with or without the Disney Photographer (i.e. no squinting due to sun or being terribly rushed due to the line of 50 million people behind you). I really hope that they replace this experience somewhere else in the park...perhaps Exposition Hall???

I also agree that they need to be careful on focusing too much on the princesses. If it is all about them, then they will lose out on 50% of the kids that enjoy FantasyLand. Don't get me wrong, I love what they have done for the little girls with BBB, but if they simply incorporate things like the Lost Boys or Peter Pan in the Enchanted Grove area, I think it will go a long way!

Think about it...another interactive experience where kids get to be taught how to be a Lost Boy similar to the Pirate Experience in Adventureland or the Jedi Tutorial over at HS. That would be AWESOME!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast