Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Several Threads already with this but I'll add it anyway in the News & Rumors forums; from www.wdwdailynews.com and www.wdwnews.com Re-Imagined “Star Tours” Coming to California and Florida in 2011 and Major Fantasyland Expansion at WDW Scheduled for 2013 Courtesy: WDWNews.com Walt Disney Parks and Resorts ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Several Threads already with this but I'll add it anyway

from www.wdwdailynews.com and www.wdwnews.com

Re-Imagined “Star Tours” Coming to California and Florida in 2011 and Major Fantasyland Expansion at WDW Scheduled for 2013

Courtesy: WDWNews.com
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo detailed plans for future lands, attractions and adventures that will be delighting Disney guests for years to come, at the first D23 Expo. Most notable among the announcements were the confirmation of an all-new Star Tours attraction and the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
    “Storytelling is the DNA of Disney dreams and we’re always exploring new ways to tell new stories in new places,” Rasulo told a crowd at the Anaheim Convention Center in California before taking them on a “behind-the-magic” tour of their favorite Disney destinations.
    Rasulo announced that a new 3-D version of the tremendously-popular “Star Tours” attraction will debut at the Disneyland Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2011. Based on the iconic Lucasfilm “Star Wars” films, the attraction will include immersive new elements that will take guests to many familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy.
    For Walt Disney World in Florida, Rasulo outlined plans for the largest expansion in the history of the Magic Kingdom, vastly increasing the size of Fantasyland by 2013. Guests will soon be able to:
    • Visit their favorite Disney Princess in her castle, cottage, or chateau to share a dance with Cinderella; celebrate Sleeping Beauty’s birthday with the Good Fairies; or join Belle in an enchanting story performance in the Beast’s castle library.
    • Be Our Guest and dine in one of three enchanted rooms inside the Beast’s castle.
    • Fly with Dumbo high above brand new circus grounds, twice the size of the existing attraction with a new interactive, three-ring circus tent.
    • Journey under the sea with Ariel, The Little Mermaid, in her very own attraction – also opening at Disney’s California Adventure in Anaheim in 2011.
    • Meet Tinker Bell and her friends in the magical world of Pixie Hollow.
    Rasulo provided updates on the multi-year expansion of Disney’s California Adventure including the new “World of Color” attraction slated to open in the spring of 2010 and the addition of the 12-acre Cars Land scheduled to open in 2012 where guests will literally step into the town of Radiator Springs and its six acres of hand-carved rockwork.
    Rasulo noted the progress of several other recently-announced projects including the three new lands coming to Hong Kong Disneyland by 2014; the Disney Dream, the new ship being built by Disney Cruise Line; the many diverse itineraries being offered by Adventures by Disney that take guests on 19 unique, once-in-a-lifetime guided vacation experiences; and Disney’s first family destination resort on the island of Oahu in Hawaii.
    Rasulo’s keynote presentation was only part of the D23 EXPO experience. Guests were able to discover:
    • Never-before-seen models of upcoming Disney attractions.
    • Up close and personal visits with Lucky the Dinosaur and Wall-E.
    • A preview of the most advanced Audio-Animatronics figures ever created by Walt Disney Imagineering.
    • Displays showcasing cutting-edge effects technologies that are being developed for Disney attractions, shows and venues.
    Photos Courtesy of WDWNews.com
    The NEW look to Fantasyland:

The NEW Little Mermaid attraction:

The NEW Dumbo attraction:

A look at Star Tours 3D:

This is so awesome!!
    Last edited by lilo88; 09-12-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Several Threads already with this but I'll add it anyway

I know it was posted earier, but these are some very exciting announcements and I love the artwork.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

I have the concept art for the whole Fantasyland as my background.

This morning I also read that Mickey's and Minnie's houses are going to be moved somewhere else at WDW. I'm not sure if it's the whole Toontown or just Mickey's and Minnie's houses.

The only place that I think where they would be appropriate is at DHS.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post

This morning I also read that Mickey's and Minnie's houses are going to be moved somewhere else at WDW. I'm not sure if it's the whole Toontown or just Mickey's and Minnie's houses.

I think it would be awesome for wdw to set up there toontown like DL's toontown. MGM would be a great place.

I was looking on google earth and there is some land right behind fantasyland that I'm sure will have to be used for the expansion! I love this news!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I know it was posted earier, but these are some very exciting announcements and I love the artwork.
    I also LOVE the artwork
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

aerosmithfan94 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post

I think what they ment was that the houses will be moved to the new fantasyland somewhere. I can't imagine them anywhere else.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

So the plan is to keep the houses around?? That's pretty cool, I think they add something to the park, glad they are staying around