Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How will this project end up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Overhaul in the News & Rumors forums; I don't think these ideas will fall through since it was made so public at the expo. As for boys, I think that fantasyland will incorporate alot for them to ...
    OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Fantasyland Overhaul

I don't think these ideas will fall through since it was made so public at the expo. As for boys, I think that fantasyland will incorporate alot for them to do. Boys like to explore and I think that the new themed areas with the beast, and the differnt princes will make it a nice balance.

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by wdwtristan View Post
    and sadly no one's voting for it

I voted for it, only because it looked lonely.

I have no idea how it will turn out but as i've said before I dont think it is priority IMO. Animal Kingdom should have had the update it so badly needs its basically half a park, maybe three quarters now EE is there but its still nowhere near the other 3 parks.

Ruddy

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by RuddyWDW View Post
    I voted for it, only because it looked lonely.

I have no idea how it will turn out but as i've said before I dont think it is priority IMO. Animal Kingdom should have had the update it so badly needs its basically half a park, maybe three quarters now EE is there but its still nowhere near the other 3 parks.

I disagree on AK - a lot of folks call this a half day park, but this park is an attraction within itself.. I think too many folks rush through areas like the Oasis, hidden trails etc.. just to get to the big rides.. IMO - in order to fully enjoy/experience the AK, you can't possibly "commando" it and really need to slow down.

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I think we really do need to focus on the original themes and dedications by Walt... and we need to re-think some of the ways the parks are going. I think all of the parks need some TLC... Which would include re-targeted Lands in the MK, a new and improved future world, some great rides in world showcase, a certain kingdom in place of Camp Mickey minnie, and the demolition of a certain mouse's hat and an update or destruction of the backlot tour... Disney has a long way to go, and I think they're starting their journey with this expansion!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    I think we really do need to focus on the original themes and dedications by Walt... and we need to re-think some of the ways the parks are going. I think all of the parks need some TLC... Which would include re-targeted Lands in the MK, a new and improved future world, some great rides in world showcase, a certain kingdom in place of Camp Mickey minnie, and the demolition of a certain mouse's hat and an update or destruction of the backlot tour... Disney has a long way to go, and I think they're starting their journey with this expansion!
    I'm 100% behind this post- Along the lines of Tomorrowland - technology should advance the dedications that Walt put forth for each of the lands. I was very let down at the Tomorrowland revamp with things like Alien Encounter which focused on people being "ripped off" by commerce and things going wrong.. Tomorrowland is about the promise of tomorrow, it should be positive and we should use today's technology to represent it.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hey I liked Alien Encounter. I also like the hat. I think what Disney needs to focus on is improving on AK and HS the most. The only thing that really should be added to Fantasyland is the Little Mermaid ride. Animal Kingdom needs to redo DinoLand USA or add Beastly Kingdom. Hollywood Studios needs to remaster the muppet film or do a new one, add onto Pixar Place, and do more attractions with Star Wars, Muppets, and Indiana Jones. I'm not sure what the contracts are like but if Disney still has rights to use Wizard of Oz for new attractions, they should take advantage of that. An Oz attraction outside of the GMR would be awesome. Lets add some variety Disney, enough princesses and pirates.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I hope they go through with and don;t cut corners at the last minute. of course with Universal doing the Harry Potter Land at IOA I think Disney will step it up to meet the challenge.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Seems like a large number of people are optimistic!

So, Back to my original question, Do they look alike?

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder

Can they bring Mr. Toad back?? He is missed!!!! (at least I get to see him at the mansion!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12