Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Engineers reviewing monorail after smoke, electrical shortage at Disney in the News & Rumors forums; As if the Monorail hasn't had enough problems this year. www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/newsletter/orl-bk-monorail-smoke-disney-093009,0,3701208.story...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Engineers reviewing monorail after smoke, electrical shortage at Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Engineers reviewing monorail after smoke, electrical shortage at Disney

I just hope they find the cause and get the ol' girl running again. Those monrails have sen quite a few miles over the years. Their unique transportation is somehting that makes the world special, even after all the years of riding them.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Does anyone think that the monorail system possibly needs some updating? It doesn't look like it, but they have had these trains for quite a number of years, so I guess it is possible they are in need of some new trains or something.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

WDW just need to get some new monorail cars like the cool new ones in Disneyland.

horchata is offline A-Ticket holder

monorail pilot in disneyland said florida is going to be getting the new MARK 8 design. When, i do not know.

But if you noticed, Disneyland always has odd number versions of the MARK series as WDW always has even numbers. Right now WDW is currently running the MARK 6. Disneyland just recently upgraded to the MARK 7. Which are very nice by the way

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I think we may see the monorails go down for an extensive upgrade and check up (or maybe they'll do it during the night if possible?) very soon, followed by the introduction of the Mark 8 monorails. This would let disney check out a few things, and kind of give them a "good rep" saying yeah, we addressed the problem by the greatest standards we could think of, and you're safe now. As for the monorail design... I hope it's mostly like the ones we have now. The Mark 6 monorails are sleek enough to run through epcot, and charming enough to be seen outside the magic kingdom and each of the resorts. I don't think that Disneyland's new Mark 7 monorails would really fit in in WDW... but maybe that's just me.

It's kind of sad how instead of being regaurded and praised for no deadly accidents for SO many years, the monorails are being bashed. Well, bad press wins out again...
    Last edited by Disney2000; 10-27-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!