Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss It's Kinda of a Sad Day For The T.T.A. in the News & Rumors forums; This is terrible. The TTA audio is my magical thing that takes me back to Disney World. It is so classic and it makes you think of all the good ...
    PickelBOY47 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: It's Kinda of a Sad Day For The T.T.A.

This is terrible. The TTA audio is my magical thing that takes me back to Disney World. It is so classic and it makes you think of all the good times there.
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing. That this was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney

WDW's churros rock!!

rocknrollercfan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Waiting to leave WI and go to Disney World

nooooooooo i love that track

I love Donald Duck

Ashley
    Walt Disney World

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

I guess I realize how people feel, It was my favorite ride in the MK, we always rode it 4 or 5 times throughout our weeks stay every year. It is so relaxing and it's great seeing the few from it, from the day or nighttime. However be that as it may, I know there are a lot of us that go yearly or more that this could affect. But to the person that may go once every 4 or 5 years or so, it may not matter, because they don't know the narration by heart.

I felt the same way when they updated the Spaceship Earth ride in EPCOT. But after the initial shock of hearing it the 1st and 2nd times, after the 5th ride on it, I couldn't remember the original version anymore. Things change (sometimes for better sometimes not), I know a lot of people that hate change, even if everyday lives, not just Disney.

You hear these higher up executives say without change, there's no progress. But my question is why change the narration of a ride? Especially if the ride hasn't been changed.

UGH
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

i think it will be a nice improvemet honestly. you have to admit the old narration was a little dated. plus it might tie in nicely with the updated space mountain too
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The Peoplemover rehab is a no-win for Disney. People are complaining about the changes but if they left it alone, others would complain that it's old and outdated.

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

I used to be a die hard, but I'm starting to think I'm just a fan, because it really doesn't matter either way to me. I enjoy the ride for what it is, a nice relaxing change of pace for us adults, from running around non stop and standing in long lines. The kids don't even realize that fact either, they just think they're on another ride. Don't really pay "TOO"much attention anyway, because we are talking, taking in the sites and snapping pictures.

My only complaint is that I wish it was longer and covered more of the Park. with different stops like the Train.
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I've also wished it was longer, too. It's a really pleasant change of pace. I have done "laps" on it though. If it's not too crowded they'll let you stay on and go around again.

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder

I enjoyed the "People Mover" reference!!! As for the rest of the comments... I just added my own sound track. Now approaching... Mickey's Star Traders. Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. etc...

I did enjoy seeing the lights on in Space Mountain and also the construction with the "skyway" Change can be a good thing!!! We just have to be open-minded! I just hope that they use their brains!!!!

Disneygirl212 is offline Fastpass Holder

I was there on Saturday and there was no audio at all. Actually the only audio was when approaching Space Mountain they had a "pardon our dust" announcement.
    "It's the truth, it's actual...everything is satisfactual!"

llawrence1970 is offline A-Ticket holder

I like Plutomover's idea....embrace change and add to the new script as we go along.

Wouldn't it be cool to write a script aka "Rocky Horror Picture" show with all our favorite lines in there, and speak them aloud during the new TTA audio. If we turned it into a cult-like following, the powers that be might even be inspired to return some of the old audio....

dewelar is offline A-Ticket holder

My wife and I have only been coming to WDW for about four years, but this had quickly become one of our favorite rides. We will be visiting the World next month, and were both worried about the update, and after listening to the new audio track this morning on the Inside the Magic podcast, our fears were confirmed.

My problem with the new track (and my wife has voiced her agreement) isn't so much that they eliminated favorite bits, although that is also sad. Change can sometimes be good (like at The Haunted Mansion not that long ago). The bigger problem -- and it is HUGE -- is that the TTA no longer has a Tomorrowland "feel" to it. More than any other ride, the TTA was the one thing that really immersed you in Tomorrowland. Everything that came over that speaker reinforced the idea that Tomorrowland was a real place: describing the city at the beginning, talking about the Astro Orbiter being a tribute to galactic peace, the "traffic report" on the Indy Speedway, and on and on. Now, all of that is gone.

Sure, the ride was always a veiled way to push you onto other attractions, but now the veil's been dropped entirely. The new spiel feels little different from the announcements on the Disney buses as you approach the park. Simply put, it seems the TTA has lost what made it special to me, and that is truly, truly sad.

John

The TTA was a unifying element which connected the parts of Tomorrowland together as a whole. If the audio no longers serves to that end, then in my opinion, the imagineers have truly lost their way.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Wow, now I'm kinda nervous about riding it next month.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Just got back from WDW this weekend, and I really enjoyed the new spiel. It's a little more user friendly than the old one, and I appreciated how they refer to the TTA as the peoplemover in some sections. That was a welcome change.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

I went on it yesterday and it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It's kind of refreshing, I didn't sit there and think, "wow why did they change this?". If you're a ****er for the classic then of course you won't like it, but I really always liked the spiel and I still do. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, so all in all, I'm happy with it this way.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast