Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss It's Kinda of a Sad Day For The T.T.A. in the News & Rumors forums; The new narration is so sterile. It's about as interesting as being in an airport terminal....
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: It's Kinda of a Sad Day For The T.T.A.

The new narration is so sterile. It's about as interesting as being in an airport terminal.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    The new narration is so sterile. It's about as interesting as being in an airport terminal.
    Correction... About as riveting as being a deaf guy in an airport terminal.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Touche.

WDWLocal is offline A-Ticket holder

Not!

I'll never understand why this forum is so infested with change-haters...

Why? Because it's change for the worse. If you think the new narration is an improvement then I'm guessing you're a huge fan of elevator music.

WDWLocal is offline A-Ticket holder

Why? Because it's change for the worse. If you think the new narration is an improvement then I'm guessing you're a huge fan of elevator music.
    In other words, you know NOTHING about WDW's past and know NOTHING about ORAC-1.

Because I disagree with you I know nothing? It's simply that I prefer the past version (TTA) to the original and current ones.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

I'm guessing you're a huge fan of elevator music.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Change is good. I'm sure there are also people who did cartwheels the day they decided to close down Alien Encounter and change for Stitch. Yep, gotta love change.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Change is good.
    That's a sweeping generalization. Obviously all change is not good. Example: Was losing 20K for a pooh playground good simply because it was a change? I realize it's up to each individual to decide for themselves whether a change is positive or not but flatly stating "Change is good" is ridiculous.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Correction... About as riveting as being a deaf guy in an airport terminal.
    Spit coffee at screen with that one!

I liked the previous one also. It was cute and clever. That is my opinion of good imagineering. I loved the changes to the Haunted House.
    They improved the experience, that is what good imagineers should do when they change attractions. Hearing the new track of TTA I am not finding it clever at all. It reminds me of a tour guide at our Field Museum. I'm hoping they will tweak it and add a bit of imagination to the spiel. It wouldn't be a difficult task nor an expensive one.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDWLocal View Post
    Well said.

Also, let's look at the new TTA narration as the return of ORAC-1 from the 70s and 80s, since the new narration as pretty much a throwback to that and sort of a return to the attraction's original intent of being a showcase of a innovative transportation system and offering brief descriptions of all the major attractions in the area.
    We may not agree about Judy Dench...but we agree with this attraction!!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I feel so bad for the entire Tomorrowland. This land needs some serious help. The theme of tomorrowland was not "The future: Aliens, Spaceships, and Disney Characters that relate to aliens" it was "The Land of the promise of things to come". This theme was lost long ago, i'm afraid. Look at tomorrowland '59. All transportation theme, because the world, and America, was on the move. From earth, to sea, to space, the attractions all related to the new technologies that were PROMISED to come. The only attraction in tomorrowland that really "fits" is the CoP. I hope someday Disney re-thinks the land. It has so much potential, not just in technologies that are to come, but ideas and visions. Like World Unity (Old Mary Blair Murals in Disneyland).Tomorrowland has so much potential that it's not living up to. And if the land is done right, it won't have to be updated for every new technology. I've heard that so many times as an excuse for why they don't build the real tomorrowland.

Oh well. That was my rant. Sad to see the PM spiel get un enthusiastically redone. I also miss the old jokes, pagings, etc.

P.S... I know I may sound like i'm really hating on Disney sometimes, but it's not because I dont love it. There's no where else in the world that i'd rather be than a disney theme park. I just want the parks to get better and better, and that involves some criticism.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

I believe the "hopeful glimpse of the future" theme has been abandoned simply because it's too hard to do. In many ways recent Disney projects have taken the easy way out and they no longer try to be visionaries. I point to Stitch and the way CoP has been allowed to languish in it's current condition as two examples. I think the Space Mountain refurb was generally well done but the WedWay People mover/TTA has been neglected. There are so many possibilities that could have been great but all they did was change the narration. Wow. Some magic.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

I believe the "hopeful glimpse of the future" theme has been abandoned simply because it's too hard to do. In many ways recent Disney projects have taken the easy way out and they no longer try to be visionaries. I point to Stitch and the way CoP has been allowed to languish in it's current condition as two examples. I think the Space Mountain refurb was generally well done but the WedWay People mover/TTA has been neglected. There are so many possibilities that could have been great but all they did was change the narration. Wow. Some magic.
    Unfortunately, I tend to agree.
    Back in the day, the fire in Walt's belly wouldn't let things languish, and even if he might have been told it was "too hard", (and I'm pretty sure anyone who told Walt that, didn't last very long at Disney) he would have spurred his people on to find a way and had Roy find the money, somehow.
    I think these days, so much of the wind has been taken out of the sails of otherwise VERY motivated and creative Imagineers by the "suits".
    I am fully aware of the financial realities, but, come on folks, how do you expect to remain on top? Get MOTIVATED and INNOVATIVE, again, already!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast