Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Revolutionary Que? in the News & Rumors forums; Well, I was at Disney World yesterday, and I strolled over to Rock n' Rollercoaster. Let me say at first, I loved this new que for RnRC, but I DO ...
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

New Revolutionary Que?

Well, I was at Disney World yesterday, and I strolled over to Rock n' Rollercoaster. Let me say at first, I loved this new que for RnRC, but I DO NOT see it working for all the rides.

Anyways, we get to the gate at RnRC where the car is hanging upside down, there's a group of people and it's all roped off by Disney, so we stand in the little line and they're handing out cards, my personal card was B11. So they let you go into the typical wait area where the tattoo cart stand is and it's only the people who are riding, there's TV's every where reading card numbers, at the time it was B9, with B10, B11, etc listed. Next to the "B" group on the TV read, 15MIN or LESS.

So what that means, is we were waiting in line, while we could sit comfortably around the little RnRC area, rather than waiting in the que line. So finally are card was called, so we walked up to the lady who was taking the cards and we walked in. Our wait didn't start until after the round room surrounded by guitars and artists posters.

Like I said, I did like this que style for RnRC but I don't see it working for a lot of other attractions. It's almost like it was a fastpast type deal, but everyone had to use it. Basically all you do is wait around the RnRC big guitar area rather than wait in line, and I loved it.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: New Revolutionary Que?

I'll be interested to see how that works next June.

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

If I remember correctly, this is similar to what they have planned for Dumbo once it is under the bigtop. They will give you a color tile and then the kids can go play in a playground setting. The parents will have bleachers to sit and "monitor" their children(hopefully). Once your color is called, you get into a loading line and board Dumbo...Sounds a whole lot better than the current Dumbo system.
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

dmc495 is offline A-Ticket holder

it sounds like they're testing out the que set=up for the future updated dumbo. like how they're going to have feathers and they'll call your feather? these sound alot alike. sounds like a test run for new dumbo

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It's definitely a test of what will be used for Dumbo. There is likely a lot of fine tuning to be done still, so they are getting it out of the way early at an attraction that has traditionally a slow moving and relatively boring queue and a large area to hold the guests...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

LILYCOOL is offline B-Ticket Holder

I can't help being waiting..
    In winter,if you never owned even one pair of elephant paws ,it's really a pity.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius

FYI, the test is over and all signs of the setup are gone...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Are they planning on doing this during the peak times in summer? Or was it just a test going on right now? I actually like waiting in line inside where it's cool. It's refreshing for me.
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

It was just a test at this point. No telling what will come of it yet.

It was interesting hearing some of the feedback from people who were there...a LOT seemed to dislike it because the real wait times were longer than the posted times...of course, that's just like it was before...

But in one case, they got called on time - and then waited for 50 minutes LONGER for the pre-show.
    Doc

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    It was just a test at this point. No telling what will come of it yet.

It was interesting hearing some of the feedback from people who were there...a LOT seemed to dislike it because the real wait times were longer than the posted times...of course, that's just like it was before...

But in one case, they got called on time - and then waited for 50 minutes LONGER for the pre-show.
    My wait was only 8 minutes, where it said it would be 15.

So I guess it all depends.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Quote Originally Posted by pranker51502 View Post
    My wait was only 8 minutes, where it said it would be 15.

So I guess it all depends.
    Definitely...but most of the complaints I saw revolved around posted times vs. reality. I didn't see an awful lot of praise...although I'm not sure it was well understood.
    Doc

disneyloveee is offline B-Ticket Holder

i really like this new que...does anyone know if it's gonna stay at RNRC? and will it be put at other popular rides?
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage."
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by disneyloveee View Post
    i really like this new que...does anyone know if it's gonna stay at RNRC? and will it be put at other popular rides?
    It was gone in a couple days. There has been no indication that it will be put in anywhere, but it does sound like is the idea they want to use for the new Dumbo attraction as part of the expanded Fantasyland - so that might be the first place we see it in permanent use.
    Doc