Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Missing my family connection with The Hall of Presidents in the News & Rumors forums; Last week I saw The Hall of Presidents for the first time since the refurb. I'd been to the park a number of times since then, just hadn't made it ...
    johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

Missing my family connection with The Hall of Presidents

Last week I saw The Hall of Presidents for the first time since the refurb. I'd been to the park a number of times since then, just hadn't made it to HOP for some reason.

Overall I thought the improvements were pretty nice, and I was pretty happy. What made me very sad however was that the town much of my family is from is no longer mentioned. In the previous video in the attraction there is an illustrated scene of a river town with a path leading to the town. The path had a banner over it that read "Welcome To Quincy Mr Lincoln" (or something to that affect). Quincy is a medium/small town on the river in IL claiming the title of the largest city that the Lincoln/Douglas debates were held in. To this day, Washington Square (then named John Square for John Quincy Adams) remains the center of the downtown area with a similar layout to the time during which the debates were held there.

I will forever miss the noe banner that made me feel I had a somewhat unique connection to the attraction and the history it highlights. Sigh...all good things must end. If anyone is able to find a picture of that scene it would be grand.

Lincoln Douglas Debate Quincy
    Last edited by johnatthebar; 12-22-2009 at 02:45 AM.