Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss 50 years of Disney parks... the future is being built in the News & Rumors forums; In just one year the 50th Anniversery of Disney Parks will start with a party. Every single park will be getting some sort of gift from WDI. Disney has filled ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

50 years of Disney parks... the future is being built

In just one year the 50th Anniversery of Disney Parks will start with a party. Every single park will be getting some sort of gift from WDI. Disney has filled the airwaves and newspapers with many press releases. Feel free to add on to this if you find any others.

The stuff related just to WDW:
    (from CNN)

MK: Cinderellabration, direct from Tokyo.

Epcot: take flight over the Golden State with the opening of Soarin, based on the hit Anaheim attraction.

MGM: astounding stunts will be revealed in the high-octane Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show, direct from Paris.

AK: Lucky the dinosaur, the first-ever free-roaming Audio-Animatronics figure.
    AK: Later in the celebration year, Expedition EVEREST will take guests to thrilling new heights in a runaway mountain train.

I am really looking forward to the Dino Animatronic. I wonder if it was the one they 'previewed' last year on the behind the scenes show on Travel Channel.

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    AK: Lucky the dinosaur, the first-ever free-roaming Audio-Animatronics figure.
    AK: Later in the celebration year, Expedition EVEREST will take guests to thrilling new heights in a runaway mountain train.

I am really looking forward to the Dino Animatronic. I wonder if it was the one they 'previewed' last year on the behind the scenes show on Travel Channel.
    I am sure that it will be that Dino Animatronic - it tested in California at DCA - and the Dino's name was Lucky. I am 99.9% positive it will be the same one.

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

Yep. I was just searching around and found this as well.

(msnbc)
    Walt Disney Imagineering will introduce Lucky the dinosaur, the first-ever free-roaming Audio-Animatronics creation. After successful play-testing at Disney's California Adventure, Lucky will walk the streets of DinoLand U.S.A., greeting guests and even signing autographs. The startlingly lifelike creature -- which can laugh, sneeze and even get the hiccups -- was named one of the year's top inventions by Time magazine and represents the next step forward in Audio-Animatronics technology.

Still looking for info on what the MK is getting.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Is Cinderellabration the "Lights of Romance" show from Tokyo?

Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance picks up the story after the happy ending with Cinderella and Prince Charming. The last scenes from the classic Disney film Cinderella are re-created. It's a marvelous nighttime entertainment show described with spectacular lights and sound. Each night, brilliant illuminations and wonderful music envelope the forecourt and plaza area.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ah ok. Thanks.