Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss 3rd bus crash in a week in the News & Rumors forums; And this one just did not seem to surface. Disney Bus And Disney Van Involved In Crash - News Story - WFTV Orlando http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post36102221...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

3rd bus crash in a week

Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-04-2010 at 06:20 PM.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Re: 3rd bus crash in a week

Actually, I had posted it with the other accident from last week. At least no one was hurt this time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

What I had found very un-nerving about this accident was the second link I posted.

A woman posted last summer about this particular bus driver and had filed a report with the Disney. Obviously Disney had a lot more confidence in his abilities than the poster did. If you read her post from the summer it is very un-nerving.

Every once in a while every department needs a good overhaul. Thinking this is a good time for the transportation department.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Good golly Miss Molly. At least no one was seriously hurt. Bet there will still be a few lawsuits for "stress" and such.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

lexitink is offline A-Ticket holder

The driver was 81!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All it takes is faith and trust. Oh! And something I forgot......just a little bit of pixie dust

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

Excuse my ignorance, but what are the laws about driving licences in the US?

I'm in the UK and we'll probably operate differently - your licence entitlement expires when you turn 70 and if you want to continue to drive you need to renew it with the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) every 3 years. You canít renew your medium size vehicles or minibus entitlement automatically, itís a separate application. Any medical issue not declared can mean your licence is instantly revoked and you can get a fine/jail time.

Kungaloosh!!

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Vadania View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what are the laws about driving licences in the US?

I'm in the UK and we'll probably operate differently - your licence entitlement expires when you turn 70 and if you want to continue to drive you need to renew it with the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) every 3 years. You canít renew your medium size vehicles or minibus entitlement automatically, itís a separate application. Any medical issue not declared can mean your licence is instantly revoked and you can get a fine/jail time.

That's how it should be here. But unfortunately it's not. You get a drivers license at 16-18 depending what state. And you have it for good, just renewals.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

That is correct for the state of Florida. Many states have laws similar to the ones you speak of in Europe. Ours in Illinois isn't much better if you have a clean record and lack health restrictions.

80-86 every two years

87+ each year.

Florida has so many seniors within its state it is a risky move for our government representatives there to push new laws through without the elderly voting them out of office. Double edge sword.

We will never know if Disney investigated the complaint against the bus driver that the woman filed with Disney last year (link on my first post).
    If you read that complaint she posted last summer on the forum, I would have been scared to death if I was Disney Management, of a bus driver that mishandled a bus that many times in one trip. Makes you wonder if they ever board a bus posed as a guest and just ride along.

I wonder if Disney has any internal rules about their drivers then, or are these unfortunate events going to spur them into creating some...

I know at my work place when you reach retirement age you need to reapply for your position every year and they test competency and if the needs of the business require you. But then most people I know who are close to retirement can't wait to claim their pension and get outta there!
    Kungaloosh!!

neumanzoo is offline B-Ticket Holder

We had the craziest bus driver a few years back. Driver was crAAAAzy! We were speeding through all the corners (including up one of the ramps that goes around in a sharp curve) and DH and I (along with the rest of the packed guests) were holding on for dear life. Dude comes around a corner too fast and rams (and I mean RAMS) the curb causing two tires to pop on impact. Then he herds us all off the bus into a ditch to wait for backup. Then he has the nerve to call it in and say that the tires popped FIRST and then we hit the curb... um, NO. About half of us stuck around to tell TPTB what really happened. To this day we talk about it every time we board a WDW bus!

Quote Originally Posted by neumanzoo View Post
    he has the nerve to call it in and say that the tires popped FIRST and then we hit the curb... um, NO. About half of us stuck around to tell TPTB what really happened. To this day we talk about it every time we board a WDW bus!
    Jeepers!! That's insaine!! I'm glad you're all alright.

I can only imagine that the buses are serviced every year and they would have a record of the tires and their limits before sending the bus back into use and for them to 'blow' before hitting the curb - he obviously isn't mechanically minded to know the capability of bus tires!! I don't know what type of magic would have caused what he described to happen, but it certainly was not Disney Magic!!

I used Disney Transportation my last visit and had no problems, I hope when I return in September they've had a shake up.
    Kungaloosh!!