Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Sad news... Grim Sad ghosts in the News & Rumors forums; Thurl Ravenscroft has passed away. The voice talent behind one of the most beloved, if not, THE most beloved theme park song "Grim Grinning Ghosts" lost his battle with cancer. ...
    Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sad news... Grim Sad ghosts

Thurl Ravenscroft has passed away. The voice talent behind one of the most beloved, if not, THE most beloved theme park song "Grim Grinning Ghosts" lost his battle with cancer.

Ravenscroft other contributions to our planet include the song "Mr. Grinch" and the voice of cereal mascot Tony the Tiger.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/05/24...scroft_ri.html

Let's hope he has a swinging wake.

-Tom

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    take that doom buggy to the Haunted Mansion in the sky ol' timer. Great work you've done.

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Last week while waking to the haunted mansion I was telling my fam and friends about how amazing his career was. Do some googling and I think everyone would be shocked to see just how much he did with his life, both in and out of Disney's realm.

I will be thinking about him all the more this weekend when I am back at the park. Be sure to return the grin and wink to the far right (if I recall) projected bust in the HM.