Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Its Official - Kodak Pulls Out in the News & Rumors forums; The Kim Possible Adventure doesn't end at the Imagination pavilion - in fact it goes no where near it. They did briefly do some testing on the 2nd floor for ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Its Official - Kodak Pulls Out

The Kim Possible Adventure doesn't end at the Imagination pavilion - in fact it goes no where near it. They did briefly do some testing on the 2nd floor for it some time before the full KPA was set up.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I was thinking...could this have any impact on what will eventually happen in the theater that currently hosts Captain EO? That show can't go on forever, it will get old and I don't think it was meant to be permenent. I hope they don't just bring HIStA back. I wonder if a show could be developed around Figment and the Dreamfinder (ok, just wishful thinking here)...

While I'm at it, I'd love to see ImageWorks updated and reworked- make it special like it used to be. Such a shame to think of everything just sitting upstairs that really made that part special.
    I really don't have a problem with the JII ride. It's not like the original but WAY better than the '99-'01 one. I'd love to see it re-tooled to bring the Dreamfinder back in somehow. I actually like this ride and hope they keep it and the Figment concept.

Oh well...it'll probably just sit like it is. Like I said, The Land, Energy, Seas have continued unsponsored. It would just be nice for someone to make this pavilion all it could be and once was.

The current line from Imagineering is that HISTA WILL return. They are working to clean up the prints, etc. But there is no exact date.

Total speculation on my part, but if they do get a new major sponsor, I'd expect that HISTA will be gone and something new done in its place.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    The current line from Imagineering is that HISTA WILL return. They are working to clean up the prints, etc. But there is no exact date.

Total speculation on my part, but if they do get a new major sponsor, I'd expect that HISTA will be gone and something new done in its place.
    i agree doc... i cant see any way that HISTA returns... i think Disney is saying it will be back as a way to get people to EO... you know by saying, "this attraction wont be here forever, so see while you can..." by having something that will eventually replace EO.. it will make EO a temporary thing...

but i think EO is going to be at WDW until they think up something to be housed in that theater... not HISTA...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if HISTA returns at some point. Like I said, EO isn't really a permenent type show and if there's no new sponsor, they'll probably bring it back eventually. When I was there last year the lines were very long to see the (GRAINY) Honey.. .

I don't think we'll see a new show until there are big changes made to the pavillion or a new sponsor comes. By running Capt. EO they can rest HISTA and in a while bring it back from rest.

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I heard Kodak stopped making film too. What I supposed to do with my Kodak X-15 now that I can't buy film or flashbulbs for it?

I'm hearing that they already have a sponsor lined up, just have to work the details...which would also put money into a rehab that classic fans may like...
    Doc

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Well hopefully we get some new innovations!!!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I'm hearing that they already have a sponsor lined up, just have to work the details...which would also put money into a rehab that classic fans may like...
    they better redo JiI...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

wedway is offline A-Ticket holder

Is it true they irreversibly destroyed the original dreamfinder turntable during the rehab to Journey without any Imagination in the 90s?

Aney news on this "new sponsor?"

It would be strange to see this pavilion get a sponsor so quickly when they apparently haven't had any success getting any new ones for the others that are unsponsored (most notably The Land, Wonders of Life, and even The Living Seas.).

Fuji wanted to sponsor Imagination in the 90s (the whole Kodak/Fuji thing is what ruined the attraction). One could only wonder if they are coming back around?
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

YEEESS!!!!!

Now that Kodak's gone, they can finally make that Mt. Fuji coaster in the Japan Pavilion.
    there's nothing to get hung about

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by StitchFan23 View Post
    YEEESS!!!!!

Now that Kodak's gone, they can finally make that Mt. Fuji coaster in the Japan Pavilion.
    I'd laugh so hard if Kodak decided to sponsor that new attraction

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    Aney news on this "new sponsor?"

It would be strange to see this pavilion get a sponsor so quickly when they apparently haven't had any success getting any new ones for the others that are unsponsored (most notably The Land, Wonders of Life, and even The Living Seas.).

Fuji wanted to sponsor Imagination in the 90s (the whole Kodak/Fuji thing is what ruined the attraction). One could only wonder if they are coming back around?
    Quote Originally Posted by StitchFan23 View Post
    YEEESS!!!!!

Fuji I think is not likely to be involved. I don't think they have much of a foothold in the US any more.

I haven't heard further about the possible sponsor, and of course like anything else there is the chance it could/did fall through.
    Doc

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if HISTA returns at some point. Like I said, EO isn't really a permenent type show and if there's no new sponsor, they'll probably bring it back eventually. When I was there last year the lines were very long to see the (GRAINY) Honey.. .
    I read that as "(GRANNY) Honey" and thought "Granny, I shrunk the audience". Like Grandma is going to care.

Need to get my eyes checked.
    BareFozzie in the box

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast