Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss "Dozens" of Permutations for Star Tours II in the News & Rumors forums; Announced during the live stream today. Not sure what this means, but sounds good to me....
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

"Dozens" of Permutations for Star Tours II

Announced during the live stream today. Not sure what this means, but sounds good to me.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: "Dozens" of Permutations for Star Tours II

Sounds to me like it means the ride will have many different videos... So that leads me to think the reridability of this attraction might shoot through the roof...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

I'm just wondering how they'll pull it off. Will there just be random sequences that are pieced together, or will the audience have some kind of choice for the ride, either on-ride or via text or something?

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

I think it will just be random... And that would have completely separate films, simulator movements and dialogue... That would mean that each simulator would have to be able to change on the dime...

It might be similar to Tower of Terror... Random drops...
    Star Tours II... Random places... Random experiences...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It is supposedly several different segments, which will be seamlessly spliced together to form the complete sequence. It would only take a handful of possible segments to come up with "dozens" of permutations - especially if they can be done in any order.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

ok... that sounds good... but the major question is... how many places will they attempt to visit...? will each land have different scenes that can be spliced together... or will the entire attraction have a group of segments that can be used interchangeably...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    ok... that sounds good... but the major question is... how many places will they attempt to visit...? will each land have different scenes that can be spliced together... or will the entire attraction have a group of segments that can be used interchangeably...
    I think it will be more like there is a Death Star segment, and a Pod Racer segment (which was seen in the announcement video), and (I'm just coming up with ideas here) and Endor segment, and a Coruscant segment, and a lava planet (can't think of the name) segment, etc. and 3 or 4 of them get used with some sort of interstitial stuff to tie it together.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

it is a possibility... but what with all the hype about multiple places to visit you think the best they could do was Endor, Cloud City, Alderaan and Mustafar (lava planet... thank you wikipedia) i was thibnking they would have like 7 or 8... that would help boost the re-rideability...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

No matter which segments they put together, I'm sure it will still end in a shop with my son getting a new SW Mickey T-shirt.

it is a possibility... but what with all the hype about multiple places to visit you think the best they could do was Endor, Cloud City, Alderaan and Mustafar (lava planet... thank you wikipedia) i was thibnking they would have like 7 or 8... that would help boost the re-rideability...
    Right, I wasn't limiting it to that...as for "destinations" being advertised, note that they advertised several "destinations" on the walls. Your shuttle just happened to be heading for Endor - but you never made it there, did you? Could be the same ending there. But how you get there will be different in a myriad ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    No matter which segments they put together, I'm sure it will still end in a shop with my son getting a new SW Mickey T-shirt.
    Oh, Tatooine Traders isn't going away, although it will get a sprucing up before the re-opening. Although it would make sense if you did in fact land on Tatooine at Mos Eisley, and it be fully themed from exit to shop...have some random characters threaten you and tell you they have the death sentence in 12 systems...
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Oh, Tatooine Traders isn't going away, although it will get a sprucing up before the re-opening. Although it would make sense if you did in fact land on Tatooine at Mos Eisley, and it be fully themed from exit to shop...have some random characters threaten you and tell you they have the death sentence in 12 systems...

now the smart thing might be to have Star Tours start on Tatooine... that way it could keep the continuity flowing... like the old Star Tours wasnt... i took off from a space Station... but i walked through the Endor Jungle to get inside... and somehow i ended up on Tatooine... huh...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

now the smart thing might be to have Star Tours start on Tatooine... that way it could keep the continuity flowing... like the old Star Tours wasnt... i took off from a space Station... but i walked through the Endor Jungle to get inside... and somehow i ended up on Tatooine... huh...?

Continuity like that wasn't an important thing when the ride was first built. The whole idea of MGM studios was that it was a "working" studios in which you were allowed to wander onto the sets and sound stages.

But as this isn't really the case anymore and the idea of it being a studio is almost completely gone, I agree that it would be great to be a continuity dream

Quote Originally Posted by tdf192 View Post
    Continuity like that wasn't an important thing when the ride was first built. The whole idea of MGM studios was that it was a "working" studios in which you were allowed to wander onto the sets and sound stages.

But as this isn't really the case anymore and the idea of it being a studio is almost completely gone, I agree that it would be great to be a continuity dream
    Well that's just it... The whole idea back then was good... With the endor forest and 3PO and R2D2's chairs near the entrance of the attraction... But that fit the old MGM... The one that had a working studio... The residential street facades... All of that... But as times have changed so has the studios... ToT TSM and RnRC have really changed the studios and maybe it is time Star Tours does as well...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Well that's just it... The whole idea back then was good... With the endor forest and 3PO and R2D2's chairs near the entrance of the attraction... But that fit the old MGM... The one that had a working studio... The residential street facades... All of that... But as times have changed so has the studios... ToT TSM and RnRC have really changed the studios and maybe it is time Star Tours does as well...

My point exactly. Although there is so much great scenes and imaginative visuals in the films it would be a shame to just go with one.

I like the idea of the ride being a "Star Wars Episode 3.5" style ride with an old starspeeder 1000.

Although having been properly round the costume department on the Backstage Magic tour I'm really interested in what the new uniforms will be like, as they no doubt will design some new ones

i am interested as well... honestly though anything would be better than those awful looking orange ones... they went out of style in 1991...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast