Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss did anyone see the bus driver video? in the News & Rumors forums; This is aggravating. We all have had to wait for a bus or had to allow someone with needs to get ahead of us. At times we all were in ...
    POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: did anyone see the bus driver video?

This is aggravating. We all have had to wait for a bus or had to allow someone with needs to get ahead of us. At times we all were in line for a ride and watched as someone got in front of us with their whole party. This should never have happened. The Bus driver should have this ingrate arrested for assault. I am not happy about this. think about what these people get paid they do not need this and to the jerk who filmed it, put down the camera and help.
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

I love it when people think they are so important. First what I have to say is that it is up to the drivers discretion as to how many people are going to fit onto a bus. Yeah, we may have been on tighter ones but we are humans not sardines. If the driver did not feel it was safe to cram that many people onto a vehicle he is operating thus being in charge of those people's safety, then he should make his judgment based on how safe he feels doing it.
    Secondly, I know everyone here is a hero and would have jumped in and saved the day, but really most people wouldn't these days. A situation like that is not something expected. Most people were probably in shock or too worried to jump in because they don't want to get entangled into any lawsuits of some sort. There is also what they call in Social Psychology, the bystander effect where with a bunch of people there everyone thinks someone else will do something so they don't think to act themselves. The less amount of people there the more likely someone would have jumped in. I am just theorizing though.
    The security issue was a little ridiculous. If the video started midway through the altercation it still took like another 3 minutes for security to step in. Security should have been in there sooner. People get very irrational when it comes to waiting for buses and forget that it is basically a free service to them and they can get out of hand, so they should always have security close by there.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can I find this video on the Let the Memories Begin site? What kid doesn't want to forget dad choking out the bus driver?

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

lmbo....lol.. i think its crazy him sayin i have a baby... heck.. theres alot of babies at disney..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

wedway is offline A-Ticket holder

I have no problem waiting for the next bus (I'm on vacation - I don't mind waiting a little while to get somewhere), but clearly a lot of people at WDW have NEVER been on the subway in New York or DC. If you can see the floor in front of you, then you can put three more people on the bus.

Two simple rules: 1. Be courteous and calm while waiting for the bus. 2. Keep on moving to the back and don't stop in the middle of the bus.

Incidentally, I am NOT condoning what this jerk did. I'm simply saying that people who don't want to be "crowded" on a bus cause Disney transportation to not operate at full capacity.

Mickey Fan is offline B-Ticket Holder

I hope the bus driver gets a raise - he deserves it. First the guy throws his baby at him & then he chokes him? I can't imagine what his family has to deal with at home if he's like that on vacation.

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

We were down there when it happened. Not at the park, but in Orlando and it was BIG news. It was quite sad that there was a child involved.

As for how long people were yelling for security, I can tell you that it is quite a long distance from a bus stop to where the security guards stand. We were there and there were not just guards standing around the bus stops, but where the bag checks are.

Just a few thoughts.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

mklively is offline A-Ticket holder

People are nuts.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Amen!

I live in Illinois. We have become netorious for being wrong with our rush to judgements. We just hung a police officer hung out to dry last week for the slayings and shootings across two states. Hmpf. Ooops, he didn't do it. The one thing I've learned here is you never judge at first blush.

The first act is missing from the video. Have no idea what verbal exchanges took place. So weird that the bus driver didn't radio for assistance and kept the sparing going. There has to be pieces of the puzzle missing here. Did Disney call the Sheriff for the arrest of a guest assaulting the bus driver? Choking a CM would seem to warrant it.

Sure hope this gets followed up.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Fan View Post
    I hope the bus driver gets a raise - he deserves it. First the guy throws his baby at him & then he chokes him? I can't imagine what his family has to deal with at home if he's like that on vacation.
    You know, Mickey Fan, I thought that maybe I was mistaken when I read that the man "threw his baby" at the bus driver. Who throws a baby? Everyone is wondering if the man was kicked out. I'm wondering why he wasn't arrested for child abuse!!

Update

bus drive back at work, Wesh-Orlando reporting

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

thats good to hear... what a joke this whole situation is... i arrived late to this party but i have to be honest... there are a few things that need to be said here...

1. what was this guy thinking... his unforgettable vacation just became forgettable because he just ruined his entire families opportunity to come back ever again... "mommy i wanna go to Disney again..." " sorry sweetheart... because your daddy is a dummy we cant go back..."

2. who throws a baby...? i mean really... that is just straight foolishness and a lack of intelligent thought... throw your child at someone... who are we... barbarians...?

3. i know this was said earlier... but how can people stand there and watch this... give the guy a hand please...there is obviously something seriously wring here... and btw... Disney is supposed to be a happy place where you can tell your kids that it is magical and everything is happy here... and then they see this...

4. i agree the security is set up way to far away... not to mention having been to WDW in the middle of the summer... why would they leave the bus driver alone when the line to get on a particular bus could be as long as some of the attractions...

sorry for the rant... but this is a frustrating situation... my only hope is that the driver can get passed this and move on... and realize this... there are many of us who know how hard the job must be and appreciate everything that you do...
    Last edited by JNota0005DakMC; 10-26-2010 at 01:06 AM.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I've seen so many versions of the story. Does lend to wonder what the story really was. The video doesnt show half of what was stated and if there was that big of a fight, likely the people sitting and standing right there would have moved. Natural instincts to run, scatter.

No charges pressed on either side so likely they can return. That baby isnt screaming so you just wonder how much was embellished. Not to make light of any of the stupidity on the part of them all.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 10-26-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Roid rage!
    there's nothing to get hung about

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I was there the week after it happened and people were being very courteous and kind on the buses I was on. A few drivers looked surly, but sure it was a defense mechanism. I've gone with twin infants and folks helped me get on the bus, not rush past me like this foreigner stated happened to him. having infants makes you less impatient, but to physically attack an employee? I hope his family is barred from the parks. and I love the idea of posting the video on "let's make memories".. what a hoot!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast