Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Ban Duffy the Bear in the News & Rumors forums; Click this link, sign the petition, and share it with your friends and fmaily. Together we can help Disney understand that we deserve better than Duffy The Bear. Ban Duffy ...
    Bigloaf80 is offline A-Ticket holder

Ban Duffy the Bear

Click this link, sign the petition, and share it with your friends and fmaily.
    Together we can help Disney understand that we deserve better than Duffy The Bear.
    Ban Duffy The Bear
    Anti Duffy The Bear - Petition Spot

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Ban Duffy the Bear

I'm with you. I hate that kind of stuff too. It's just total nonsense.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think its kinda cute...he reminds me of the bear from the circus who ends up in the woods in the Fun and Fancy Free movie from a bigillion years ago.
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeah, I have no real issue with Duffy. He's kinda cute --- and keeping all things relative -- Disney tends to stuff all new things down guests throats -- this is no different to me.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i think Duffy will run its course in no time...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Dude you only need one thread to say ban Duffy. Three threads is a little bit excessive. My little girl loves her Duffy. I think that it is harmless. Try ignoring Duffy next time instead of starting a petition to get rid of it. If enough people ignore Duffy than it will go away.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Duffy is just another token of lack of creativity to make money. If the voices arent heard, they wont know how much people dislike it. Walt Disney himself would be disappointed.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Can we please stop playing to the ghost of Walt Disney with every new development, and putting words into his mouth that were never spoken? I earnestly and wholeheartedly agree with you Bigloaf: the company's philosophy has altered since his death from an innovative creative entertainment enterprise into yet another sterile money-making machine. However, we have absolutely no way of knowing what Walt would have made of something like this. At best, we can only make vague - and so ultimately hypothetical - comparisons.

What Walt said and wrote is - for the most part - a matter of record, and I wish we can keep it at that. I always cringe when I see his name being used to counter the company whenever some new merchandising opportunity surfaces, just as I despise the company cherry-picking his quotes ("progress", mostly) to justify their new pet projects, and in the process throwing the legions of contradictory Waltisms into the scraphead.

Sorry all, rant over.
    Last edited by 20K; 11-16-2010 at 02:38 PM.

I hate the bear, but that was well put 20K. Kudos.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Yes 20K, props to you on that. I do agree that we cannot say what he would or would not of liked but is it not human to want to think that nonsense in ones eye can be viewed as nonsense in anothers ?? Why do we as society get to be picked to be the pawn in the game of chance, and why does disney want us to be that pawn ? Dont you think that having the reputation that disney does, they would of at least made the blow a lil softer ? Maybe im being a hypocrite but darn it, im standing up for what I believe in. If our voices are not risen, no voice has has been heard. Im not tryin to cause a riot, just want my voice to be heard as one or a million.

The current Walt Disney Company is not the same company Walt started, neither in philosophy nor in practice. I think they pay a lot of lip service to Walt's memory but he has become merely a Mickey Mouse-like symbol to them and nothing more. I think they have moved too far from the root of his core ideals and I recognize the "Disney" less and less each time I go to their parks. I don't think one needs to be clairvoyant to know that the man who asked Annette Funicello to never wear a bikini in her movies would be appalled at the garbage that now bears his name.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Just a thought -

If we look at it from a corporate point of view, the difference between the company during Walt's time and today is like night and day. There was a reason Roy Disney's health failed him - try bank-rolling your eccentric brother's dreams and visions. If anything, the company was a support network for a personal vanity project than a business.
    Last edited by 20K; 11-16-2010 at 08:50 PM.

True. Walt was not a good businessman. He needed help with that. Now the opposite is true...Disney is great at business but at the cost of abandoning the optimistic-dreamer-showman side.

ftlsfams71 is offline A-Ticket holder

not completely ANTI-duffy. but he doesn't belong... they turned World Showcase from a cultural and natural environment to cartoonish when they introduced the bear. very random. kim possible somewhat did this. but it's interesting (a little dated; I personally love how KP is being incorporated into the park, but not the newest disney member.) It gives kids an incentive to go and look in an exhibit and the only noticeable thing about it is the kimunicator ring. duffy must go. cuddly and cute but unecessary!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
    -Walt Disney

I do want to make this clear though. Im not anti Disney, not at all. I made my first visit to WDW in October and it was the greatest moment of my life. And as for Walt, he was a genius far beyond his imagination. I just wish the Disney that we all know today would use just a fraction of the imagination that the genius himself created.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast