Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney's Command Center in the News & Rumors forums; Sorry if I missed a post on this earlier, but thought I'd pass on this article from the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/bu.../28disney.html It explores a "command center" located under Cinderella ...
    Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney's Command Center

Sorry if I missed a post on this earlier, but thought I'd pass on this article from the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/bu.../28disney.html

It explores a "command center" located under Cinderella Castle that's used to monitor attraction wait times and crowd flow.

Betamouse did a whole show on this article (episode 47). Real interesting stuff, especially when you think how this technology may be used in the future with "next gen" stuff. It's amazing how Disney's 'invisible hand' works to make guest experiences run more smoothly.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disney's Command Center

Interesting article. I had read or heard a little about the command center, but would enjoy a more detailed look.

tchinkle is offline B-Ticket Holder

Betamouse podcast discussed this on one of their episodes. You can find it at: BETAMOUSE #47 – Disney Operational Command Center BETAMOUSE

It does sound interesting!
    Do you Twitter?

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tchinkle View Post
    Betamouse podcast discussed this on one of their episodes. You can find it at: BETAMOUSE #47 – Disney Operational Command Center BETAMOUSE

It does sound interesting!
    I got a kick out of the Betamouse guys analyzing the pictures accompanying the article. Trying to figure out what the colors and codes meant, etc. And it's clear from the pic Disney has video cams everywhere in the MK. Betamouse asked this and it's a great question -- have you ever spotted a security camera in the parks? Disney does a good job of hiding them.

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great question... they hide them better than their hidden Mickeys! Maybe someone should write a guide book "Hidden security cams of Walt Disney World"

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i would bet that they are extremely tiny... so that they are barely seen... almost like the Isla de Muerta from Pirates... it cannot be seen except only by those who already know its there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

A long time ago, like about 10 yrs or so, the keys to the kingdom tour would go down to the utilidors through the Castle and you would go past an area and get to peak in the door of DACs (unsure of their acronymn) It was a "command" center for rides and parade. All the animatronics for Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. I am wondering if the digital age has simplified and reduced the amount of space and that is now where this new center is located. I know they controlled all the parade music and knew where floats were located by their crossing of magnetic sensors in the pavement. After 9/11 due to security, they no longer go through those parts of the Utilidors.
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Pretty cool article. I love that they are trying to help people ride more rides and entertain them in the queue. But if hope that the tombstones aren't completely gone in the HM queue.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Looooooove the wristband idea. The idea of attractions being able to recognize you would be such a great way to feel more in touch with everything. I can imagine hopping on the TTA and it saying "Hey again Jenn, 3rd time today?" or jumping on Space Mountain and it saying "Gosh it's been a year since we've seen you!".
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

My friend who worked there a couple years back got a great view of the command center and in one word described it ....... amazing. Theres tons of tvs for the surveillance cameras and everything else to control the rides and electronics
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music