Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney "NextGen" ride reservations in the News & Rumors forums; Disney of the future: @studioscentral @Sparr0wni Look what I got from Paige Turner ... on Twitpic...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Disney "NextGen" ride reservations

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I'm sure there's one thing we can agree on - they'll never introduce reservations to visit gift shops and carts...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    I'm sure there's one thing we can agree on - they'll never introduce reservations to visit gift shops and carts...
    Don't speak too soon.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

At first I didn't think it was too bad an idea but after reading this forum I kind of agree with everyone else. It does seem like a bad idea.

What I do think they should do is implement fast pass machines everywhere in the park. It could have a screen or buttons or something with the different rides listed and you pick which fast pass you want to get. Not having to run around the park getting fast passes or getting to the rides is something I would like. Also it continues to give the spontenity for the guest. But agree the reservation system would be a bad idea. Scheduling ride times seems like work.

Funnily enough, the idea of turning up at fixed times for certain rides would actually fit well with the theme. Jungle Cruise, for example.

But that's an aside.
    Last edited by 20K; 02-18-2011 at 01:12 PM.

- Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I don't see it happening. Ride reservations? Really? What happens when every ride is "booked"? Will they refund the person's money for the park that day? Yeahhhh so not something I see happening.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I remember when Keasmom bought the DDP rather last minute, a present from grandparents for her DD. It was a very busy time and she couldn't get ADR's. Disney response...she could use her sit down credits at a counter no rebate. Guessing they would not care if the E ticket rides were all plugged up prior to the rope drop.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

All good points on the ride reservations. That would be disastrous.

My fear is the automated hotel reservations. This just seems to be a way to trim the number of hotel CMs drastically. The savings of $$$ would be great for WDW but I'm not sure we would enjoy a reduced room rate or better hotel service. And I'm never in favor of eliminating someone's livelihood. Call me crazy but if the lines to check in aren't brutally long I don't mind waiting. It kind of helps build the excitement level. Now, after 30 minutes I have had enough.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

So it appears he IS stating that people will be able to make attraction reservations from home...still, the concept seems to ridiculous I can't imagine how they'd implement it...short of taking times out of the Fastpass pool and limiting those that use it to a single use at that attraction (including getting another Fastpass).
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Guess I wasn't wrong with my Tomorrow Room Key comment.
    Looks like their intentions are to have a full itinerary from the moment you book your trip.

“Further strengthening the belief that the guest experience starts from the moment guests book their trip, they will be able to map out their entire vacation from the comfort of their home.”

Saying you're going to start your itinerary from the moment you book. Oh Joy! Wonder if time will allow you to stop and see impromptu street shows? Wonder if you will have flexibility to be a late riser, night owl?
    Wonder if you will be able to take a break and go back to hotel for a nap or dip in the pool?

Since even the fast pass lanes vary in queue times during busy/slow times wonder how close together they will allow you to book your attractions together. How close they will allow you to book an attraction/show to an ADR time.

-Reserve times for Attractions, Shows and Character interactions

What if your kid is asleep in stroller at your greet time? Bus late or ADR's running behind, miss your assigned show time? Parade gets re-arranged due to weather and now you choose between Splash or the Parade?

-Secure seats at shows and spectaculars

What if it rains for your assigned night of Fantasmic? Can't go two days later?

-Simplify the check-in process so that guests will arrive on property with their resort keys in hand getting them into the parks and resort quicker than ever before.

So will your room key have to be swiped for all these attractions and NGen
    pre-reserved times? Or will you be printing out all these tickets before you leave home for them to swipe?

"I felt that something should be built, some sort of an amusement enterprise where both the parents and the children could have fun together... so long as they make reservations for every turn of their trip at least 130 working days in advance."

- Walt Disney

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

I could go off like a powder keg on this thread.....
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

But, I won't.....
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

MellBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow! Coming from a mom who plans at least a year in advance for a trip, makes her ADR's at 7am 180 days out, and makes an itinerary for each day we are at WDW, I HATE THIS IDEA!!!

At least MY itinerary is flexible and if the kids see something else they would rather do, we can change it at a moment's notice without feeling like we will be penalized for doing so by either missing something or having to stand in an unreasonable line. The only concrete plans we have is being at our ADRs on time. The reason we don't do deluxe dining is because one reservation a day is enough. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would think that scheduling every aspect of a "vacation" would be fun or relaxing???? If I HAVE to make reservations, I will because I don't want to have to wait in standby lines forever. The fastpass system has always worked for us in reducing time in lines. Leave it alone!

Oh and reserving spots for parades???? Really???? So if a family decides to do something else and miss a parade, will I not be able to sit in their spot because it's reserved or will you have to be in your "spot" by a certain time to have it held after which they will give your spot away? What if your ADR ran over or a ride broke down and you were late and they had already given your spot away? Will the reserved sections be prime locations adding to the need to reserve far in advance to see it from your favorite vantage point?

I am usually pro just about anything Disney does because change has usually meant an improvement, but this just stinks. I hope they get a lot of feedback from guests who want a vacation and not just want to run from reservation to reservation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast