Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney "NextGen" ride reservations in the News & Rumors forums; I guess I am one of the few who would LOVE this! It would make my vacation preparation much more exciting creating some kind of plan like that. It would ...
    DisneyMatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney "NextGen" ride reservations

I guess I am one of the few who would LOVE this! It would make my vacation preparation much more exciting creating some kind of plan like that. It would be a great way to get your kids involved as well. If your plan falls apart, it's all good- as long as you are still having fun!

To quote my man Dwight D Eisenhower: Plans are nothing; planning is everything.
    never fear...DISNEYMATT IS HERE!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by MellBelle View Post
    I am usually pro just about anything Disney does because change has usually meant an improvement...
    Not to detract from some of the excellent points in your post, but... really?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE]
    Wow! Coming from a mom who plans at least a year in advance for a trip, makes her ADR's at 7am 180 days out, and makes an itinerary for each day we are at WDW, I HATE THIS IDEA!!!
    Amen Disney sister friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMatt View Post
    I guess I am one of the few who would LOVE this! It would make my vacation preparation much more exciting creating some kind of plan like that. It would be a great way to get your kids involved as well. If your plan falls apart, it's all good- as long as you are still having fun!

To quote my man Dwight D Eisenhower: Plans are nothing; planning is everything.
    Oh Boy. So sorry but I'm not in your military camp today. If my plans fell apart and I payed that much money for a vacation I would not be having fun with it falling apart, I have expectations when I dole out that much money. Planning to an extent is fun but realizing the plan is everything.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Haven't made up my mind yet. Guess I'm still fuzzy on the details. Seems like it takes aspects of fast pass and ADR.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Under extreme pressure from my family, I booked a 3 day trip to Universal las fall and stayed on property. We absolutely loved the Universal Express feature on our room keys, but I don't know if that would work @ WDW due to the increased number of on property guests @ WDW vs. Universal. I'd be willing to pay extra to upgrade to a feature like this if it were offered @ WDW.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I like the idea of a more personal experience where they can know if its your birthday or your favorite character. But I do the think reserving ride times is a little ridiculous. Whats after that making reservations at quick service restaurants?!?!?
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Making reservations to visit parks full stop?

- Walt Disney

MellBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Not to detract from some of the excellent points in your post, but... really?
    Just my opinion...we all have one and I meant mostly not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    Under extreme pressure from my family, I booked a 3 day trip to Universal las fall and stayed on property. We absolutely loved the Universal Express feature on our room keys, but I don't know if that would work @ WDW due to the increased number of on property guests @ WDW vs. Universal. I'd be willing to pay extra to upgrade to a feature like this if it were offered @ WDW.
    I haven't been to Universal...yet, but I'm really not excited about feeling like I "HAVE TO" pay for an express pass to get a lot done and not stand in line forever. Going to Orlando is expensive enough for some people without paying for express passes too. I really hope this NEVER happens at Disney.

Yeah. I've never really seen Express lines being widely used at USF... I wonder why that is!

- Walt Disney

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I went to Universal Studios Hollywood and I did the VIP Studio Tour. Included with that specific tour is a VIP pass for use the rest of the day (the tour is about half a day). I will never do Universal Studios Hollywood again without using/doing the VIP Tour. The longs are egregious and the VIP Pass takes you pretty much to the front with very little wait. The tour itself was SWEET though.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

but when has society changed and made it that we cannot wait...? are we that impatient as a society? i dont mean to be rude or negative but it scares me when people feel as though they cannot wait for something they desire like a ride or such... i know we are on vacation and time is precious but waiting on line sometimes is a good thing... it gives time to see what is next and talk about the day...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I haven't been to Universal...yet, but I'm really not excited about feeling like I "HAVE TO" pay for an express pass to get a lot done and not stand in line forever. Going to Orlando is expensive enough for some people without paying for express passes too. I really hope this NEVER happens at Disney.
    Basically we do at Disney by staying on sight and get the extra magical hours. They get ya somehow. Plus the deals on tickets are much cheaper for Universal, likely not to get Promo's for tickets at Disney, so even if you paid to upgrade, you still come out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    The express feature was excellent. My family did Universal for 4 days and then Disney for 7 days. They rode more at Universal than we did at Disney with our room keys. Excellent, would do it again.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    but when has society changed and made it that we cannot wait...? are we that impatient as a society? i dont mean to be rude or negative but it scares me when people feel as though they cannot wait for something they desire like a ride or such... i know we are on vacation and time is precious but waiting on line sometimes is a good thing... it gives time to see what is next and talk about the day...
    I agree. Yes, society in general IS impatient. We want everything fast. Saying that, I don't mind a reasonable wait - somewhere between 5 and 30 minutes. Like you said, it gives us time to discuss and visit with each other. It also makes us stop and look around at the wonderfully detailed queues. My patience does have a limit though. I would rather skip a ride than wait an hour or more for it especially with young children.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Other than Pres. Staggs saying this was the Chief Complaint of visitors I'm not sure society can't wait. We all stand in the queues right. How many times have we actually went to guest services and filled out a complaint form saying we don't want to wait? I've been going to Disney and never did that.

At AK's grand opening, suits outside asked what we thought, I said need more A/C in park to cool off.

When DD sliced her knee open at Discovery Island and they said go to Epcot first aid, I complained. (gave her and my DS each a stuffed toy)

When the merry-go-round at arcade sliced DD tummy (missing protective cap) I complained. They put a Minnie picture in her crib and Minnie Stuffed toy.

And when Disney Travel bumped us off our 7am flight to a 11 am flight 'cause they overbooked their block of seats, (got $400.00 Disney Dollars)

Cockroaches in my room at Port Orleans the year they opened.

Never about having to wait my turn. How many of us have actually filed a complaint that Staggs could compile or is he fixing something that is not broke?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast