Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magic) in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Veritas I'll reserve judgement, but I sincerely hope the Imagineers have somehting better in mind Why must you always be the voice of reason? Stop it. I ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magi

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'll reserve judgement, but I sincerely hope the Imagineers have somehting better in mind
    Why must you always be the voice of reason? Stop it.

I still remember the TTA refurb and cringe with the new and improved imagineers audio. Hope they are just doing some house cleaning and tweaking.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magi

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Why must you always be the voice of reason? Stop it.

I still remember the TTA refurb and cringe with the new and improved imagineers audio. Hope they are just doing some house cleaning and tweaking.

I try to be reasonable once a day everything after that is full out madcap wackiness !

There is some room for hope when to comes to HM in light of what a truly great job they did witht the refurb a few years back.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    There is some room for hope when to comes to HM in light of what a truly great job they did witht the refurb a few years back.
    Exactly. I think the HM represents something of a redoubt at Glendale when it comes to toying around with new attractions, but that's just an opinion.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Sometimes the suits get it right and let the imagineers run with a good idea.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i have heard that this screen is just temporary until they finish new effects where the mirrors are... i am unsure however if the mirrors are still there when they reveal it though...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Apparently Judy is replacing Paul Frees' narration.

"Our library is well-stocked with priceless first-editions; only ghost stories, of course. Want to understand them? Thank the Phoenicians."

On that note...

I don't know why the Dench narration is so despised. Don't blame her (she seems to be evoked as some sort of figurehead) - she had no idea what masterpiece she was helping deface. Blame the Show Writers at WDI.

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post

"Our library is well-stocked with priceless first-editions; only ghost stories, of course. Want to understand them? Thank the Phoenicians."

I don't know why the Dench narration is so despised. Don't blame her - she had no idea what masterpiece she was helping deface. Blame the Show Writers at WDI.
    Isn't the new Mansion going to have "SIEMANS" projected on the facade?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

...and a wand fixed to the roof of the conservatory to celebrate the upcoming year 3000.

And then, after 3000, it is left up for a further swathe of years as a "commemoration of the magic" or something similarly sugary.

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Do you work for Disney?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Isn't the new Mansion going to have "SIEMANS" projected on the facade?

whats that...?the most hated corporate sponsor of all time...?

...and a wand fixed to the roof of the conservatory to celebrate the upcoming year 3000.

And then, after 3000, it is left up for a further swathe of years as a "commemoration of the magic" or something similarly sugary.

it was a mausoleum of a celebration that took place almost 10 years prior... and the one on HM would be a real mausoleum...

On that note...

I don't know why the Dench narration is so despised. Don't blame her (she seems to be evoked as some sort of figurehead) - she had no idea what masterpiece she was helping deface. Blame the Show Writers at WDI.
    it isnt her fault at all... i blame siemens first... and the dumbed down script second... poor Judi Dench is just a fall guy... err girl... err dame... there we go got it now...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab
    Do you work for Disney?
    Not as such. They keep me off the books for tax and welfare purposes, and I only accrue about 10 working days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC
    whats that...?the most hated corporate sponsor of all time...?
    Could be worse.

it's a small world (presented by NAMBLA)

- Walt Disney

it's a small world (presented by NAMBLA)
    now that would be about as bad as you could possibly get... then again my girlfriend kept repeating SE's sponsor with a funny giggle... i dont know why though... lol...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

She was probably trying to suggest something, given the mood-lighting and...

...but as I don't want to get banned, I shall refrain.

- Walt Disney

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

The new ghosts look nice but they do seem to be covering up the old ones while a rehab of some sort if done so they can still keep the place open. Still love the old ones, esp with kids.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Was never the biggest fan of Haunted Mansion...actually been a few trips since I've been on it.

The word "temporary" is open to a great many interpretations, at least within the scope of the last twenty years of Walt Disney World.
    Wasn't Toontown Fair supposed to be temporary? Just like other things in Disney World...if something is temporary, and catches on, it's still labeled temporary but isn't justified as so

But I still do remember the end of Haunted Mansion, even though it's been a while. I think the change to the ending would give me an incentive to both want to go on it again and to avoid it...go on to see the change since it's been awhile, not go on because of that same fact because of the changes...I probably should get to that attraction sometime in the future, though, just because it's been so long since I went on it last.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast