Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magic) in the News & Rumors forums; I hope what they are doing is worth the misfit ending right now but i hope the don't ruin the classic ending........
    Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Re: New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magi

I hope what they are doing is worth the misfit ending right now but i hope the don't ruin the classic ending.....
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magi

OK, here is the best guess I've seen so far about the updates that at least some meat to back it up in the D23 magazine.

What’s Happening in the Hitchhiking Ghost Scene of the Haunted Mansion? | WDW News Today

If they are guessing correctly, hope it is tame enough to not scare kids as they have to step off a moving vehicle.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Read that post too. And i have the same thoughts. I also hope that they keep the same style of ghost and not these CGI ghost cause they really just don't go with the rest of the ride.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    Wasn't Toontown Fair supposed to be temporary? Just like other things in Disney World...if something is temporary, and catches on, it's still labeled temporary but isn't justified as so

But I still do remember the end of Haunted Mansion, even though it's been a while. I think the change to the ending would give me an incentive to both want to go on it again and to avoid it...go on to see the change since it's been awhile, not go on because of that same fact because of the changes...I probably should get to that attraction sometime in the future, though, just because it's been so long since I went on it last.
    yeh "temporary" has always been ambiguous for Disney... never are we sure what that even means...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Oh hey, we're closing an E-Ticket "temporarily"... even though we announced in the cast newspaper a month earlier that it was closing for good and have already reassigned the Attraction Hosts that work it to other MK East attractions...

Hmmmmm.

Still curious about the Mansion. I still have faith, at least when the HM comes into it.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

are we bitter about 20k, 20k...?

yeh... i already know the answer to this one...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post

Bitter? Not at all... *&$%^&*(^&(%$$#%#$@%^&^%*(*)

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC

Like I've said before, I have no problem with Disney closing rides. They are a business; they can do whatever they like. There is, admittedly, a sort of creepy protectionism surrounding the parks that we are all - to varying extents - guilty of, but that is by the by.

If they had been upfront, holding their hands up in September and saying "Look, it's had a good run but the time has come to put something else in", I wouldn't have any problem with Leagues being removed at all. I would miss it like I miss Kongfrontation, but I would have my memories and the reassurance that something just as good was now in its place.

But that... of course... was not what happened.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that it was shut not because of "disabled guests" (I get sick of hearing that on Disney fansites and podcasts) or because of "low capacity" (see above) or "too difficult to maintain" (see above), but because the new breed of management simply could not be bothered to keep it operational, but were not man enough to remove it. They simply shut off the lights, bolted the doors and forgot about it for a decade.

What I admire about Universal is the way in which they conducted themselves with Kongfrontation. You have to remember that Kong was the anchor for USF; it was the park's answer to Haunted Mansion or Pirates. When they decided to close it, they were upfront about it. They warned their AP holders individually and the public at large through the press and held a send-off ceremony (admittedly not a very good one) on the day. Then, once the day concluded, they moved straight in and had a brand new ride operational in the space within a very short period of time.

Because of that, while I miss Kong, I don't feel any bitterness whatsoever. Compare and contrast with the treatment Leagues received, and then you'll understand why some of us still feel hard-done by.
    Last edited by 20K; 03-04-2011 at 06:16 AM.

- Walt Disney

Well it doesn't sound like it was temporary after all unless ghosts in general counts for temporary.

From All Ears this week:

-- You may have read that the Haunted Mansion has undergone some recent changes. The queue area is still boarded up (you can't see the tombstones at all now), but the only other changes I noticed so far have to do with the ending.

SPOILER ALERT:

Stop reading now if you want to be surprised! Instead of the Hitchhiking Ghosts being projected in between you and your Doom Buggy partner, they are simply projected on a screen in front of you as you ride by. Another small addition: an arrow pointing to the left is projected onto the back of the Doom Buggy in front of yours as you exit, showing you which way to proceed.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yep, the new ghosts are pretty cheesy. I hope they get things straight by November, (our next trip.) My kids thought the ghost in the DB with you was the coolest thing ever!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

From what I understand it isn't finished yet. They are going to make it where the ghosts are in your doom buggie and they take a photo and you can purchase the photo.

Not sure why they would release it before finished but this is what a CM friend of mine told me.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    From what I understand it isn't finished yet. They are going to make it where the ghosts are in your doom buggie and they take a photo and you can purchase the photo.

Not sure why they would release it before finished but this is what a CM friend of mine told me.

I hope your CM friend is correct and All Ears is wrong.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I hope your CM friend is correct and All Ears is wrong.
    I don't see how the AllEars statement implies that it was permanent. They were only stating what had happened, but didn't offer any speculation or plans.

Everything I have been able to gather is that this is temporary...but as mentioned by others, "temporary" is an interesting concept at WDW...but I don't believe this is a permanent situation at all, and that they are completely redoing the hitchhiking ghosts effect.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Agreed, for no other reason than I can't see themselves as being satisfied with it. Of course, 'satisfied' throughs up another host of questions, much like 'temporary'.

- Walt Disney

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast