Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magic) in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by doconeill I don't see how the AllEars statement implies that it was permanent. They were only stating what had happened, but didn't offer any speculation or plans.. ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magi

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I don't see how the AllEars statement implies that it was permanent. They were only stating what had happened, but didn't offer any speculation or plans..
    I could be wrong here, but I generally don't see postings by heads of Websites putting up Spoiler Warnings for something that isn't go to be there or Spoilers for on going construction, but I yield to your insight.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: New change at the end of Haunted Mansion (disney finds a new way to kill the magi

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I could be wrong here, but I generally don't see postings by heads of Websites putting up Spoiler Warnings for something that isn't go to be there or Spoilers for on going construction, but I yield to your insight.
    On the bolded (I tried to italicize, but the whole thing already was) point...this isn't something that wasn't there. I am NOT claiming that it doesn't exist - it most certainly does, so I don't understand your statement. It's there, the reported on it. They didn't get into details.

A Spoiler Alert is to prevent someone from reading something that might spoil a surprise for them. It doesn't matter whether it would be for something temporary or permanent. It is something that could still be a surprise to someone.

All I'm pointing out is that AllEars stated that there was something different, and did not state that it was permanent, temporary, or otherwise, so hoping they are "wrong" doesn't make much sense. They could only be wrong if what they described didn't exist.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    On the bolded (I tried to italicize, but the whole thing already was) point...this isn't something that wasn't there. I am NOT claiming that it doesn't exist - it most certainly does, so I don't understand your statement. It's there, the reported on it. They didn't get into details.

A Spoiler Alert is to prevent someone from reading something that might spoil a surprise for them. It doesn't matter whether it would be for something temporary or permanent. It is something that could still be a surprise to someone.

All I'm pointing out is that AllEars stated that there was something different, and did not state that it was permanent, temporary, or otherwise, so hoping they are "wrong" doesn't make much sense. They could only be wrong if what they described didn't exist.
    All I was pointing out was I've never seen a well seasoned person put a Spoiler for something that was temporary, why would they worry about something that is about to change? That is all.

Somebody is going to be A Happy Guy!!!! Look the new roof is Green not Red!!!! They are saying real soon, but a bit of work to go!
    Tarps down from the Haunted Mansion queue. Looks like there&#... on Twitpic

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I agree that nothing about the allears article implied it was permanent, they're just reporting whats there right now. Some people only get to go once every year or less, so even if it's temporary they may still appreciate not knowing the ending if that happens to be the exact time they're there (I for one had this ending last week and won't be back until august 2012 for example).

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    I agree that nothing about the allears article implied it was permanent, they're just reporting whats there right now. Some people only get to go once every year or less, so even if it's temporary they may still appreciate not knowing the ending if that happens to be the exact time they're there (I for one had this ending last week and won't be back until august 2012 for example).
    Wow. I thought we had moved on but guess not. I wholeheartedly admit I did not parse apart the statement I posted. I previously admitted I have not seen spoilers for progress on a temporarily altered scene in an attraction.

Once again this is how I made this grievous misinterpretation.

but the only other changes I noticed so far have to do with the ending.

I did not think through the "changes" above were being reported as temporary. You are indeed correct it did not imply Permanent and I did not read into the Alert or Changes as them being Temporary. I admit I missed that sentence as an indication of temporary.

SPOILER ALERT: I admitted I never saw this prior for temporary. I still have yet to see this for a refurbishment in progress, but that is my experience, I just never saw a spoiler for a brief and non permanent alteration. Obviously others have experienced spoilers differently than I have.

Stop reading now if you want to be surprised! I had never seen a warning for a change still in progress and only temp. Instead of the Hitchhiking Ghosts being projected in between you and your Doom Buggy partner, they are simply projected on a screen in front of you as you ride by. I missed true meaning that they are temporarily projecting on a screen. Another small addition: an arrow pointing to the left is projected onto the back of the Doom Buggy in front of yours as you exit, showing you which way to proceed. I mistakenly took the arrow also as a permanent change but I see again if I parse it, does not say permanent change or addition of an arrow permanently.

What I've taken away from this...I need to parse updates for true meanings. I must read into what is being implied but not necessary stated. I should assume a reported change is temporary unless other wise stated as permanent. Lesson learned.

Mara Culpa

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

"Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Reading the same article, I would disagree. I don't see anything in there to suggest those awful screen projections that are currently there are permanant.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Yeah, the article is about the tech they are still in the process of putting in, not the crappy digital projections on the tarps they are doing now - which they say is temporary right there in the article.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Well, I'm not going to parce apart yet another guess so Moving Forward...

Here are some great shots of the New Graveyard.

New shots of the Green Queue covered walkway.

Coral Rivera’s 3/12/11 WDW Photo Report | WDW News Today

Disclaimer: No indication from Disney if these are permanent or temporary.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 03-13-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Policy change (not stated as temporary or permanent):

New wheelchair policy at Haunted Mansion begun yesterday - Now wheelchair guests can experience the stretching room - new corridor in place.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Reading the same article, I would disagree. I don't see anything in there to suggest those awful screen projections that are currently there are permanant.
    This is a quote from the same article. Leads me to believe the animatronic ghosts at the end may be gone for good. This sounds more like adding the same style interaction the audience has with Crush or the Monsters at the Laugh Floor.

“In one example, a dynamic image generated by display device 10 may comprise animated characters appearing in a combined image to interact with observer 14 or other individuals. In particular embodiments, such characters may be generated to appear as interacting with individuals by, for example, making eye contact with an individual, touching an individual, putting a hat on an individual and then taking the hat off, talking to the individual, just to name a few example. Again, such characters may be generated based, at least in part, on real-time information such as attributes of one or more individuals as identified above. In one embodiment, the type of character generated may be based, at least in part, on an apparent height, age and/or gender of one or more individuals co-located with observer 14 , for example.

Read more: Disney News: Spector-ation: Haunted Mansion Ghosts About to Get Interactive - Stitch Kingdom.com - The latest in Disney news and the greatest in Disney tools - StitchKingdom.com
    StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 03-14-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

tmgsjv is offline B-Ticket Holder

Just got back from WDW last night. The new ghost projections appear to be temporary. The screens they are projected onto are very poorly hung over the mirrors, which gives the impression that they won't be up for long.
    -TMGSJV
    August 2008 - SSR
    September 2009 - All Star Movies
    November 2009 - AKL Kidani Village
    March 2010 - FWC / Boardwalk Villas
    August 2010 - BLT
    March 2011 - AKL Jambo / BLT
    May 2011 - AKL Kidani / POFQ
    August 2011 - Boardwalk Villas

Meanwhile....

The queues are almost finished and they let guests have a peek at another soft opening.

Here are some great photo's.

PICTURES: NEW Interactive Queue at the Haunted Mansion Open to Guests | WDW News Today

Love the nod to Ravenscroft. Classy touch I think!

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Meanwhile....

The queues are almost finished and they let guests have a peek at another soft opening.

Here are some great photo's.

PICTURES: NEW Interactive Queue at the Haunted Mansion Open to Guests | WDW News Today
    Thanks!
    July 1973- Disneyland
    Nov 2002 -off property
    Oct 2004- off property
    Oct 2006- off property
    Nov 2010- Pop Century

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast