Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Magic Kingdom 40th Birthday? in the News & Rumors forums; Does anybody kmow what celebrations have been planned? I'll be there October 1st and I've got my Crystal Palace dining reservation but I'm just wondering what will happen on THE ...
    Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Magic Kingdom 40th Birthday?

Does anybody kmow what celebrations have been planned?

I'll be there October 1st and I've got my Crystal Palace dining reservation but I'm just wondering what will happen on THE day....

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Magic Kingdom 40th Birthday?

Well, for one, on that day I will be galavanting around the park and being giddy... Oh, and Lou will be in some stage of exhaustion from begining, ending, or being in the midst of his 40hr show.

As far as official stuff, I haven't heard anything. Just merchandise so far, but the boxed anniversary hat is pretty fancy.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by johnatthebar View Post
    Well, for one, on that day I will be galavanting around the park and being giddy... Oh, and Lou will be in some stage of exhaustion from begining, ending, or being in the midst of his 40hr show.

As far as official stuff, I haven't heard anything. Just merchandise so far, but the boxed anniversary hat is pretty fancy.

I wish I could try to make it down there!! At least there isn't a huge pink cake!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Commemorative pins and vinylmation.

You'll have to wait another 10 years for a proper celebration; persumably they are following the same "road-map" as their older counterparts in the west did.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary Ear Hats Disney Parks Blog

So in 10 more years I will have to spend another $80 on the most awesome mickey ears ever?

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Yes.

Interesting to read the blog comments about correcting mis-spellings on the hat. I somehow doubt they will also take the time to rectify the fact that they put a Disneyland poster on the design instead of the proper Magic Kingdom one.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

malt is offline Fastpass Holder

I'll be back in the world by the 2nd of October (flying out on the 1st) and it looks like I'll be fedexing one of those nice 40th ear hats home

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Doesn't seem to be much for the 40th.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

More merchandising. Wow. What a celebration.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

They usually don't do much sadly.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much for the 40th.
    They never really do. 30 came and went, though it was too soon after the 25th. 40 was only a big deal out in Disneyland, though that's because there isn't much of anything else going on out there, after the disaster known as California Adventure... the glorified amusement park that it is.

I figured if they were going to do anything, they'd announce it for August/September and then make it another 18-month celebration like they usually do. But once I saw that Memories cr@p going up around the park, I knew we were in trouble. Still, gives us all something to look forward to in ten years.

Until then, be prepared for a barrage of t-shirs, pins, mugs, annoying vinyl figures, and whatever the heck else they can throw a branding on. They'll make more $$ that way than by spending on decorations for a 40th birthday celebration.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    They never really do. 30 came and went, though it was too soon after the 25th. 40 was only a big deal out in Disneyland, though that's because there isn't much of anything else going on out there, after the disaster known as California Adventure... the glorified amusement park that it is.

I figured if they were going to do anything, they'd announce it for August/September and then make it another 18-month celebration like they usually do. But once I saw that Memories cr@p going up around the park, I knew we were in trouble. Still, gives us all something to look forward to in ten years.

Until then, be prepared for a barrage of t-shirs, pins, mugs, annoying vinyl figures, and whatever the heck else they can throw a branding on. They'll make more $$ that way than by spending on decorations for a 40th birthday celebration.

honestly 40 would just seem like a reason for them to have another celebration... year of a million dreams... Donald's 85th... they used to spend more time trying to figure out what to celebrate next then they did trying to better the parks... it seems as though they maybe finally shying away from all that...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Berdo is offline A-Ticket holder

Look at it this way: you have ten years prep time for a celebration that should be all kinds of awesome. Ten years to celebrate in style. My idea would be to spend a week in the Wilderness Lodge and have lots of souvenir money. I'm gonna have lots of 50th merchandise. Yeah, they got my money.

And who knows what other additions will be in the parks by then.
    Berdo

My Google+: http://is.gd/XTMLtF

disneyphilip is offline A-Ticket holder

I heard that the parks might bring out some rarely-seen characters for meet-and-greets in October in honor of the 40th.