Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Monsters Inc. Roller Coaster in the News & Rumors forums; Quick question...What is the latest on that proposed Monsters Inc. roller coaster for Hollywood Studios. (Last I heard about it was some time ago, but it seemed rather definite.)...
    RumTumJM is offline A-Ticket holder

Monsters Inc. Roller Coaster

Quick question...What is the latest on that proposed Monsters Inc. roller coaster for Hollywood Studios. (Last I heard about it was some time ago, but it seemed rather definite.)
    Last time I rode STAR TOURS, I thought to myself, "If a droid is a pain in the......behind, does that make it a hemdroid?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you......ROCK!"
    - Brian May

"Don't Stop Believin'"
    - Journey

www.rocknationradio.org

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: Monsters Inc. Roller Coaster

It's still just in rumor-phase right now
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Haven't even heard that rumour in quite some time now.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Yeah, that rumor was hot like two years or so ago, and it gets trotted out occasionally when someone wants to talk DHS additions - but the ideal time would be to open just before Monsters Inc. 2, so if they want to capitalize, they need to get moving...they've got 2 years.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh...not much has been said recently about this rumor... lets see in the coming months... with the D23 expo coming up... we never really know what to expect...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

It would add a nice touch to the park just saying
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

I wouldn't mind seeing a Monster's Inc. dark ride like the one in DCA.

If we can dream it, we can do it

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I can totally see a rollercoaster that simulates the whole door hopping scene at the end of the movie...it would be epic
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I think any big "E-Ticket" things like that are definitely off the table for awhile whilest Fantasyland is completely rebuilt.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Whatever they could do to draw more people to that park would help, IMO. Definitely my least favorite of the four gates.

But, the key would be putting it on the opposite side of the park from Aerosmith RR/Tower of Terror. Perhaps if you get the thrills seekers to see more of the park it might keep them there, and coming back.

I've always thought having those two rides right next to each other was a serious misstep. It's almost as though they are conceding that a large swath of park-goers are there simply for those two rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Whatever they could do to draw more people to that park would help, IMO. Definitely my least favorite of the four gates.

But, the key would be putting it on the opposite side of the park from Aerosmith RR/Tower of Terror. Perhaps if you get the thrills seekers to see more of the park it might keep them there, and coming back.

I've always thought having those two rides right next to each other was a serious misstep. It's almost as though they are conceding that a large swath of park-goers are there simply for those two rides.
    if it does eventually find itself in MGM it would certainly be near Pixar Place... probably marking the end of the backlot tour...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    if it does eventually find itself in MGM it would certainly be near Pixar Place... probably marking the end of the backlot tour...
    The original rumor had it going in the last of the soundstages, the one with the marquee that has said "Hot Set" for several years and used to be where the Sorcerer Mickey M&G used to be. Moving Mickey and "closing" that area lent credence to the rumor.

They used to have the SWW sales stuff in there as well, but that was moved over by RNRC this year...so who knows what is going on this time?
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

This would be pretty awesome to see --- I always get excited when I start to hear rumors, even if they may be a while off or never happen. Just interesting to speculate and think about.

There does seem to be a decent amount of unused space in that area with the soundstages and such, but who knows what they actually use those buildings for. Besides cast members, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    The original rumor had it going in the last of the soundstages, the one with the marquee that has said "Hot Set" for several years and used to be where the Sorcerer Mickey M&G used to be. Moving Mickey and "closing" that area lent credence to the rumor.

They used to have the SWW sales stuff in there as well, but that was moved over by RNRC this year...so who knows what is going on this time?
    There could be enough space for it within the soundstages... Though I do think Disney might be looking for a replacement for the backlot tour eventually being that it already is a shell of it's former self...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Seven Dwarves? Monsters, Inc? WDW is about three coasters away from becoming a Six Flags park.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast