Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss PM EMH Monorail News in the News & Rumors forums; If the bus service is beefed up to handle the extra load it really makes more sense from a maintenance point of view. Adding busses is much easier than adding ...
    Billwht3 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: PM EMH Monorail News

If the bus service is beefed up to handle the extra load it really makes more sense from a maintenance point of view. Adding busses is much easier than adding Monorail trains. Repair parts and trained mechanics are much easier to find for busses than the for the Monorail.

Of course the down side is losing one of the most popular perks of staying on property which is the extra hours PLUS Monorail service back to your hotel or car. Riding a packed bus for a half hour or more isn't the Disney magical experience I want to have at the end of the day . I'm sure Disney knows that as well and will be working towards a better solution.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

maybe there trying to save on their electrical bill hehe
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    The ferries and launches are supposed to operate in place of the monorail. However, there are inclement weather restrictions on them.
    thats what i thought... i really dont see this as a major problem... its a good possibility that the monorails are emptier than planned during EMH's and they found it to be a good financial decision... considering that EMH people are supposed to be resort guests anyway...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    Supernova,

The closure of the monorail system one hour after the "regular" closing time will be a factor for evening, extra magic hours only. I think you misread topic line.

I believe it will be a much bigger problem at MK, verses Epcot, without the Express Monorail running to the TTC.
    You can still easily swap out regular closing for EMH. Either way, even with EMH, you still have that much more time to buy all the stupid souveniers you want all day, plus the EMH. No Wishes, no reason to stick around an hour after the park closes. It takes, what, ten to fifteen minutes to walk from any part of the park to the exit? Ride your final ride, park closed, get the heck out. Done.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Mike, I'm actually renting a car this time around... We are staying at OKW and I heard that renting a car is really the only way... I'm gonna try to limit my waiting... Last year when I stayed at WL it was a pain going to certain parks... I think MGM was a pain because our bus also stopped at either Poly or GF... I can't remember...
    That's the other problem. One park includes the Grand Floridian, another park includes the Camp Grounds. And if you're in one of those more spread out hotels (ie. Saratoga Springs), you will either get stuck going to multiple stops either on the way to the park or the way back to your resort. When you're in a rush, take a car.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    You can still easily swap out regular closing for EMH. Either way, even with EMH, you still have that much more time to buy all the stupid souveniers you want all day, plus the EMH. No Wishes, no reason to stick around an hour after the park closes. It takes, what, ten to fifteen minutes to walk from any part of the park to the exit? Ride your final ride, park closed, get the heck out. Done.
    I gotta tell you, brother, I don't agree with this at all.

If you walk from the heart of either Tomorrow, Fantasy, or Frontierland, yes, it will only take 15 minutes. But, once you reach the gates, the game changes. Without that monorail busing out triple digits, things can get severely backed up once you're outside the gates.

They'd have to double, or possibly triple, the buses to handle that kind of crowd.

The EMH crowd really looks no different than the regular closing once you're outside the gates. At least, that's been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I gotta tell you, brother, I don't agree with this at all.

If you walk from the heart of either Tomorrow, Fantasy, or Frontierland, yes, it will only take 15 minutes. But, once you reach the gates, the game changes. Without that monorail busing out triple digits, things can get severely backed up once you're outside the gates.

They'd have to double, or possibly triple, the buses to handle that kind of crowd.

The EMH crowd really looks no different than the regular closing once you're outside the gates. At least, that's been my experience.
    except... when we are dealing with MK... most of the people leaving EMH are taking the buses straight from the gate back to their hotels... remember... in theory the only people left in the park during EMH are park guests... now let me ask a question... for the most part what form of transportation do most guests use when staying at EMH when they are resort guests...? im guessing bus simply because it is more convenient... will this be a problem for some people... yes... however it may not be as bad and people think...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    That's the other problem. One park includes the Grand Floridian, another park includes the Camp Grounds. And if you're in one of those more spread out hotels (ie. Saratoga Springs), you will either get stuck going to multiple stops either on the way to the park or the way back to your resort. When you're in a rush, take a car.
    yeh... WL is a bit strange with which resorts they are connected with in regards to buses... i plan on using the car when i can... maybe i will drive to the last stop on the OKW bus loop... that might work for the nighttime EMH...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

My problem with this whole thing is simple... I hate taking Disney busses. Luckily there aren't PM EMH when we're there in September so I won't have to worry about it BUT if there were, we'd be doing the Ferry no doubt... and I guess if there was inclement weather, we'd be sleeping on Mainstreet.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Seems like a bit of a weird one to me... hopefully after a few months running on this new schedule, Disney will see it's not working and get back to using the monorails again.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    ...and I guess if there was inclement weather, we'd be sleeping on Mainstreet.
    Oh, wouldn't that be wonderful!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Seems like a bit of a weird one to me... hopefully after a few months running on this new schedule, Disney will see it's not working and get back to using the monorails again.
    i wouldnt count on this... if they save money... this may be permanent...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

I'm wondering about the cost savings. Yes, it costs money to run the electricity. But the manpower should be less, with the limited number of cars on the line and people to man the station, than all of the busses they'll have running, plus gas, time, etc. And no matter what, chances are people will most likely have to wind up back on a bus anyway to get to their resort at some point.

Who does this really affect? People staying at a monorail resort (if you're at the the Contemporary, shame on you for not just walking over anyway), and people who drove from their resort and had to park at the TTC. Otherwise, how else are you getting back to Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Me, I just jump on the ferry and I'm back at Wilderness Lodge, each and every time.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It doesn't affect a large number of people - but the people it does affect paid a premium for a service that they are cutting back on.

If I had my FiL in his ECV staying at GF and found out that we'd have to take a bus back to the resort (the GF/Poly boat launches don't support HC access currently) from the MK, I'd be upset.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

yeh Doc... i think it is an inconvenience for a small number of people... but i can agree that those people do have a right to be aggravated...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast