Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Coral to Tronorail and Back in the News & Rumors forums; Walt Disney World Monorail System news - PHOTOS - Monorail Coral emerges from the paint shop after shedding its TRONorail skin Monorail Coral looks close to being back to its ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Coral to Tronorail and Back

Walt Disney World Monorail System news - PHOTOS - Monorail Coral emerges from the paint shop after shedding its TRONorail skin

Monorail Coral looks close to being back to its old self after the removal of the TRONorail skin. The TRON wrapped version of monorail Coral debuted on the Epcot line back on Mar 19 2010, and operated until earlier this month.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Coral to Tronorail and Back

Nice to see it again.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm just happy to see the Tronorails gone. Now Disney just has to figure out what to do with all of the merchandise that is still sitting on store shelves and in warehouses. Oops.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm just happy to see the Tronorails gone. Now Disney just has to figure out what to do with all of the merchandise that is still sitting on store shelves and in warehouses. Oops.
    What's your address? I'll have them send it your way.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I liked the tronorail but now that the DVD and blu ray have come out i don't find a use for it anymore so its nice to have monorail coral back again after being lost for over a year.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Morrow View Post
    What's your address? I'll have them send it your way.

Yes, please. But only after the little batteries have died out and the figures no longer light up. Wait, that's probably all that's left out there at this point, anyway. So no need to ship them. I'll start picking them up at my local Dollar Tree in a couple of months.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Ha!

I am excited to finally see the new Tron. I just saw the original over this past winter, and while I am sure the new one will be different, I am excited to see what they did with it.

And I totally thought the Tronorail was awesome, but it did really feel a bit out of place. Almost too futuristic for the greater "world." Now we just need some Lightcycle bumper cars!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

I was actually surprised that it was still operating back in June.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
    I was actually surprised that it was still operating back in June.
    yeah i was too i thought that it was there a little too long. I think that it should of left end of April beginning of May not Mid July.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Disney forced it down our throats months and months before the movie even opened. I think they sensed it wasn't going to do well, so they did everything they could, including that silly little Tron dance party, to promote it. Same thing with Princess and the Frog. All that money and hoopla for the riverboat show, and now... silence.

I watched the new Tron film on my phone during my commute. It took over a week to get through it all, but in the end, it wasn't terrible. Not great, but not terrible. Then I decided to download and watch the original on my phone. Now THAT was terrible. I don't remember if I had never seen it or if I ever saw even a small part of it when I was young. But I couldn't make it through the entire movie and wound up deleting it half way through.

As for the Tron-o-rail, happy to see it is now the Gone-o-rail. Stupid.