Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss All-Star Sports Refillable Drink Testing in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by supernova They'll refill your drink at a sit-down restaurant. Disney is getting out of hand now, protecting their precious cheap-as-helI soda syrup. The point of the 5 ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: All-Star Sports Refillable Drink Testing

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    They'll refill your drink at a sit-down restaurant. Disney is getting out of hand now, protecting their precious cheap-as-helI soda syrup.
    The point of the 5 minute would be so guests can't just use the refill mug as the "pitcher". I've seen people fill the mug and pour out into small water cups at their tables and refill the mug again.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

My thing is, if you have a time limit on when you can fill it, the mug is no longer really unlimited is it? I paid for the mug, I paid for unlimited drinks while I'm at my resort... not one serving every 5 minutes. I had a larger Disney cup (one of those tall ones with a straw) that I had purchased at the parks. I'd take my mug (that I legitimately paid for), fill it, dump it into my tall cup and then do it twice more to fill it. I was still at my resort and it was still during my length of stay... it just kept me from having to head back into the food court soaking wet from the pool or not being able to have a drink with the food I decided to take back to my room to eat (because the food court seating was packed).

I completely see the desire to prevent people from buying one mug and using it to satiate the thirst of their entire family, but they are essentially punishing those that use the system as it was designed (unlimited refills during your stay) because of those people who didn't. It's the one bad apple ruins the whole bunch concept...

Truthfully, if this does roll to each resort, I could see me no longer buying the mugs and instead just bringing water bottles, filling them at water fountains and using Crystal Light packets (or whatever) like we do in the parks. I think Disney may be setting themselves up to lose more money than they were from those abusing the drink stations to begin with.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm all for this. For those complaining about nickel and dining, if you pay for a mug, they aren't stopping you, they are only stopping you from stealing. The 5 minute limit is so you don't buy one mug for ten people, or use it to fill up your thermoses.

This ties in well as a promotion for the dining plan, since as of 2012 the mugs are included in the regular dining plan.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Truthfully, if this does roll to each resort, I could see me no longer buying the mugs and instead just bringing water bottles, filling them at water fountains and using Crystal Light packets (or whatever) like we do in the parks.
    That's what I always do, anyway. I hit the food court before I leave for the parks, fill up with ice and some water, and then I'm good for a while. The flavor packets only come in handy if you get water from the fountains. Why that state can't figure out how to fix their awful mineral tap water is beyond me. But the concession stands will give you ice (and sometimes water) if you ask. And it's usually warm enough that the ice plus a little bit of water will melt along the way to have fresh cold water whenever you need it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Why that state can't figure out how to fix their awful mineral tap water is beyond me.
    It's actually much worse if you're actually drinking the water that goes through Florida treatment plants. When on property, you're drinking "Disney Water" and sadly, it's better than what you find off-property in most cases. When we lived in FL, a Brita pitcher was a necessity.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

When we lived in FL, a Brita pitcher was a necessity.
    Actually that is a great option for those that just want water in the parks. The new Brita water bottles have been very handy for us. Fill it up from the fountains and it get filtered in your bottle.

Never thought of trying those. I've seen them in the store, but never needed them here in NY. For FL, however...
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

It's actually much worse if you're actually drinking the water that goes through Florida treatment plants. When on property, you're drinking "Disney Water" and sadly, it's better than what you find off-property in most cases. When we lived in FL, a Brita pitcher was a necessity.
    Half the time, you might as well be drinking the water from the toilet. At least with that, you know the porceline is keeping it chilled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12