Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss XPass - You may never tour Walt Disney World the same way again ... in the News & Rumors forums; All the technology is out there to do everything the rumor is hinting to. But, I agree asking someone to say to the exact moment you are going to ride ...
    tlcoke is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: XPass - You may never tour Walt Disney World the same way again ...

All the technology is out there to do everything the rumor is hinting to. But, I agree asking someone to say to the exact moment you are going to ride this ride is an insane idea. I go with a plan that is very flexible and changeable on a whim.
    Better use of a system like this, would be like that of the express pass at US, where you can ride once through an express entrance at a time of your choosing.

I do like the idea of it using the QR code to link you to your Photopass photos. They are already using a modified QR code on the Photopass cards that they scan and give you now. They could just begin printing the QR Codes on the KTWC and have it already linked to your information.
    Tracey

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

It's the nature of people on the internet to think of the worst case scenario, multiply it by a gazillion, then ***** and rant about it. Heck, most people think fast passes slow up the non-fast pass line, so logic doesn't usually come into play.

I'm sure whatever eventually happens some will like it, and some will complain about "the good old days" when no one was ever in the park and you could ride Dumbo 37 times without ever getting off.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Perhaps. But how many shows truly require advanced seating these days?
    I was mainly thinking about the Candlelight Processional, as that show tends to attract the crowds. But it could be useful during the real busy time periods at the parks, if you happen to be visiting during one of them.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    It's the nature of people on the internet to think of the worst case scenario, multiply it by a gazillion, then ***** and rant about it. Heck, most people think fast passes slow up the non-fast pass line, so logic doesn't usually come into play.

I'm sure whatever eventually happens some will like it, and some will complain about "the good old days" when no one was ever in the park and you could ride Dumbo 37 times without ever getting off.
    tell me about the time we could ride Dumbo 37 times without getting off... cause i never saw that... and the idea of the fastpass is not a bad thing... just that some attractions do not need to have it as it makes both fastpass and stand-by lines much longer than they need to be...

and this system is not a terrible idea... it just sounds like peoples vacations will be much more structured than they want it to be... ask people when they get back from a vacation of ADR's and EMN's... they generally say... "i wish i couldve had more relaxation than the hustle and bustle..." think this system will change that...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Why WOULD anyone want to ride Dumbo 37 consecutive times....to see all the hidden details and nuanced imagineering?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

OMG, you guys don't get sarcasm, do you.

you didnt get ours either i take it... its all in fun...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

I guess I'm used to a certain other DISneyBOARD, which shall remain nameless. Anyone else been banned froom there??

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Sometimes it's fun to be banned from boards, and then see what other user name you can come up with and rejoin. Sometimes you can create names that are foreign or, dare I say, alien. Point is, you can never keep the good ones down or away for long.

To the topic, while visiting DLP this past fall, the mornings were all very wet and cold. And even with only a handful of Fantasyland attractions open before 9 or 10, the park was DESERTED. I mean no one was around. To the point where they offered to let you ride again and again. No sense in making you get off to walk around and get back on. Peter Pan, Pinocchio and the Tea Cups (stupid Snow White was down for repairs the while time I was there) over and over, just to kill time until something else opened. Nice.
    Last edited by supernova; 08-09-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

dont you wish it was like that more often in WDW... im going down in 2 weeks and i know it will be less busy than what im used to... but of course there will still be some major lines... i dont think ive ever seen Peter Pan's Flight with less than a 45 min wait...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

First off, no reason to rub it in, Joe. My trip's still 4 months away.

Second, early December has slowly become more popular and it's not as empty as it used to be. If I wasn't so much a fan of the parks at Christmas, I'd switch my trip to February.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Lmerch44 is offline A-Ticket holder

I like a plan as much as the next guy, but this is way too much even for me. I miss the old WDW days when you could just stroll around the park, stop for a bite or a ride and enjoy the day. Now there is so much demand for planning, reserving and fighting for a piece of the action, much of the magic and fun of spontanaity is lost.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    First off, no reason to rub it in, Joe. My trip's still 4 months away.

Second, early December has slowly become more popular and it's not as empty as it used to be. If I wasn't so much a fan of the parks at Christmas, I'd switch my trip to February.
    We used to go every December but the crowds just got to be too much. We're trying WDW in October for the first time at the end of this week. I hope it's not as crowded.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

So close to Halloween? I wonder what it'll be like. I'm hoping to change up my stay next year from December to either September or October, once the Halloween party starts. Go nice and early and avoid crowds. Just have to figure out when the seemingly unending string of Jewish holidays are in Sept so I can work around them. The point is to avoid crowds, not go in the throng of 'em.

I'm doing the end of October for the first time next year as well. I've booked on Lou's Cruise 2.0 baording Nov 4th, and will be going to WDW the week before that.

For what it's worth, touring plans shows the crowds as moderate to low at this time of year.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast