Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss XPass - You may never tour Walt Disney World the same way again ... in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by DVCDad It's the nature of people on the internet to think of the worst case scenario, multiply it by a gazillion, then ***** and rant about it. ...
    DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: XPass - You may never tour Walt Disney World the same way again ...

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    It's the nature of people on the internet to think of the worst case scenario, multiply it by a gazillion, then ***** and rant about it. Heck, most people think fast passes slow up the non-fast pass line, so logic doesn't usually come into play.
    OMG, going through this exact scenario in the "Fast Pass parade" thread.
    Then when I show an actual Stanford study showing that fast passes actually improves the speed of the non-fast pass line, I'm accused of insulting their intelligence. Silly me, throwing facts into a discussion.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    So close to Halloween? I wonder what it'll be like. I'm hoping to change up my stay next year from December to either September or October, once the Halloween party starts. Go nice and early and avoid crowds. The point is to avoid crowds, not go in the throng of 'em.
    Friday is a teacher work day so my kids won't miss any classes. I can't imagine Halloween is worse than Christmas but I guess I'll findout this Friday.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    OMG, going through this exact scenario in the "Fast Pass parade" thread.
    Then when I show an actual Stanford study showing that fast passes actually improves the speed of the non-fast pass line, I'm accused of insulting their intelligence. Silly me, throwing facts into a discussion.
    Unfortunately the facts you threw in were based on assumptions not Disney Data. When Stanford is using Disney Fan Books and Disney Fan sights as their references rather than actual numbers provided by Disney the facts are less than substantiated.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Friday is a teacher work day so my kids won't miss any classes. I can't imagine Halloween is worse than Christmas but I guess I'll findout this Friday.
    I've done both. The only days I've found worse than Christmas is New Years Eve and the 4th of July.

This week, the ratings are showing Friday and Sunday to be the best for the MK.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 10-26-2011 at 11:17 AM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

The "best" as in lower attendance...I hope.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Yes! Now Monday! Yikes!

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder

Errr... I don't know how much fun it'll be to plan everything, including meals, down to the minute for a WDW trip... I was kind of hoping the XPASS was more like the Ultimate pass over at the U-place, where you pay a premium to be able to use it as sort of an unlimited Fastpass...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Errr... I don't know how much fun it'll be to plan everything, including meals, down to the minute for a WDW trip... I was kind of hoping the XPASS was more like the Ultimate pass over at the U-place, where you pay a premium to be able to use it as sort of an unlimited Fastpass...
    The problem with that is, Disney has a LOT more guests. If they give this for free to resort guests - even just to Deluxe resort guests - the number of guests who could just walk on to attractions any time they wanted is more than all the resort guests at USO.

But we still don't know how it is going to be implemented exactly, or if Fastpass will go away, etc.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Phase one starts this week on the 7th. Disney will have extra managers and coordinators stationed around fastpass entrances. TTC is explaining the new policy for FP window as they are selling multi day passes already. Cast is gearing up for the enforcement.

This part I dont mind. It is how it was to be to start with.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

It seemed so long ago that NextGen was announced (or rather leaked) to the public. Excited that some of the changes are starting to be implemented in the parks in preparation for the "Next Generation".
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Rumor! Rumor! Rumor! (Nothing is ever official until Disney "officially" announces it!)

This was casually mentioned awhile back, thought I'd bring it back to the forefront as it is closer to becoming a reality.

Maybe something to look out for in the coming future . . .

New Key to the World concept:
    For Disney resort guests, you will be issued a wristband (implanted with a RFID) upon check-in loaded with personal information and used to interact with sensors installed in everything from hotel-room doors to ride animatronics. It will be similar to the wristband used at Great Wolf Lodge where the wristband is your room key, charging card and park pass. At GWL, It was so nice to unlock our room door with the swipe of a wrist, no searching for a room key. It was just as convenient when paying for items at the resort. They scanned my wrist, printed a receipt and off I was to have more fun!

No date yet on when this will be implemented at the Disney Parks and Resorts.

The uses for such a wristband are endless for the Disney Parks and Resorts . . .

Room Key (KTTW)
    Park Pass
    Resort Guest EMH Eligibility
    Purchases (Retail stores, restaurants, counterservice, vending machines, etc ... )
    PhotoPass
    FastPass
    Interactive experiences with CMs, characters, attractions and queues

(The downside to such a device for paranoid people, Disney will know where you are 24/7 while on property. )

From the Orlando Sentinel:
    Disney has signed a confidentiality agreement with a California company that manufactures RFID wristbands, whose clients include other amusement operators such as Great Wolf Resorts.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    From the Orlando Sentinel:
    Disney has signed a confidentiality agreement with a California company that manufactures RFID wristbands, whose clients include other amusement operators such as Great Wolf Resorts.
    This made me smile. Can't even keep the fact that they have entered into a confidential agreement.
    Heehee. Thinking it is meant to be leaked.

Yup...the RFID wristband thing leaked out a while ago. Supposedly they'll offer "customizable" wristbands at a premium as well.

Uses will probably be added as time goes on.

My biggest concern is the room charge capability. It's already possible to skim RFID information off chipped credit cards if you get close enough. The wristbands are easier targets. No idea how they plan to protect them from fraud. But at least the damage would be confined to WDW.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

A random question about the wristbands - can you take them off?! Sounds wierd I know but when you get those band things at a festival or similar and you can only take them off by breaking them, I find they really irritate me. Particularly at night - I can't sleep in my jewellry, nit even my wedding ring.

Maybe I'm just odd
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by tasha36 View Post
    A random question about the wristbands - can you take them off?! Sounds wierd I know but when you get those band things at a festival or similar and you can only take them off by breaking them, I find they really irritate me. Particularly at night - I can't sleep in my jewellry, nit even my wedding ring.

Maybe I'm just odd
    They don't have any yet, but these are expected to be almost watch-like and removable, not the single-use "hospital band" types like they used to use for EMH.
    Doc

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast