Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss XPass - You may never tour Walt Disney World the same way again ... in the News & Rumors forums; I actually liked the wrist bands over having to wait to have my hand stamped. Since Disney applied for permits a few weeks ago for property wide antenna WiFi, it ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: XPass - You may never tour Walt Disney World the same way again ...

I actually liked the wrist bands over having to wait to have my hand stamped.

Since Disney applied for permits a few weeks ago for property wide antenna WiFi, it does appear they are quickly moving the infrastructure forward to implement this sooner rather than later.

The implementation is obviously going to be a coup d'ťtat" or an exit the corporation deal. Oy.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can't wait. The easier it is the better.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

All I know is we might wanna be careful what we wish for... I dunno how I feel about planning every nuance of my trip from home... I like the spontaneousness of a trip as well...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Enough of the spontaneous BS. Everyone's heard it a thousand times. If you don't want to you use you don't have to.

Oh my! That was nasty.

I'm not thrilled about every nuance being planned either. Unfortunately it is starting to be all planned or wait in extremely long lines or possibly not being able to do an attraction at all, so it will force you to comply especially in the busy touring times. Much like ADR's. Unless reserved many months in advance the likihood of getting in to the better is often impossible. So Guests are forced to comply. While some guests need order and all things structured or they begin to behave like they need anger management counseling, I have enough of that in my everyday life as did my kids. Disney World use to be a break from the stress and time-lines of everyday life.

And onto my reason for originally pulling up the thread...Disney has pulled permits for property wide WiFi and then announced that Art of Animation will be swipeless entry along with the Disney App for attraction times being re-launched, it does seem to indicate this is moving along quicker than originally anticipated.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

disneyfire is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    Enough of the spontaneous BS. Everyone's heard it a thousand times. If you don't want to you use you don't have to.
    agreed....im looking forward to xpass.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

All of this XPass and ADR nonsense is killing the essence of vacationing. Vacations should be about going at your own pace and eating when the urge hits. If a family finally saves up enough money to make a last minute vacation plan a month out, now suddenly they can't eat at a sit-down restaurant because they didn't plan it out on a silly spreadsheet chart thingie six months in advance? What's next? They miss out on the haunted mansion because they didn't know to book a ride three months out? The casual visitor or even annual pass holders are all losing out, it seems.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Wholly "sky is falling" attitude. 90% of the restaurants you don't need a reservation for unless you're going at a busy time. And tell me, just how does the Xpass work exactly? That's right, no one knows yet.

Worst case scenario BS just doesn't cut it. There's more than enough ways to enjoy a vacation without ever making an ADR or getting a fastpass.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Wholly "sky is falling" attitude. 90% of the restaurants you don't need a reservation for unless you're going at a busy time.
    Until recently, I'm not sure that was true, except for really low crowd times. Now that they charge a penalty for no-shows in almost all cases, that has gotten a LOT better, for both those trying to get ADRs within the 180 window and walk-ups.

But I know people have been turned away as walk-ups even at better crowd times until they did that. Depends what time you tried though.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

You won't starve at WDW. There's always somewhere open.

You want spontaneity on your trip? On our last WDW trip we met a couple at the bus stop in front of our resort that chose what park they went to that day based on what bus showed up first. No ADRs, no fastpasses, just hop on and go.

It's the "I HAVE to eat at restaurant XXX and go to YYY attraction or my holiday is RUINED" attitude that kills vacations, not fastpasses and ADRs. You'll eat somewhere and see attraction no matter how little/much you plan.

The only MUSt we have when we go is to have fun.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

You want spontaneity on your trip? On our last WDW trip we met a couple at the bus stop in front of our resort that chose what park they went to that day based on what bus showed up first. No ADRs, no fastpasses, just hop on and go.

It's the "I HAVE to eat at restaurant XXX and go to YYY attraction or my holiday is RUINED" attitude that kills vacations, not fastpasses and ADRs. You'll eat somewhere and see attraction no matter how little/much you plan.

That's my point. It's the dopey nuts who map out and create charts for ever single second of their trips that drive me crazy. Checking their watch to see what time they were able to slate riding Peter Pan into their agenda.

As far as eating, there was a time when you could walk up to a table service restaurant, leave your name, and get a reservation. Or go early in the morning and book your 6pm dinner. Now you need to have booked your 6pm dinner a half a year in advance. I don't know what I'm having for dinner TOMORROW much less next year.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    As far as eating, there was a time when you could walk up to a table service restaurant, leave your name, and get a reservation. Or go early in the morning and book your 6pm dinner. Now you need to have booked your 6pm dinner a half a year in advance. I don't know what I'm having for dinner TOMORROW much less next year.
    You can still do that at most restaurants. Just don't feel you have to eat at a certain restaurant at a certain time. Flexibility is the key.

Fastpass/ADRS appeal to a certain visitor, but don't necessarily have an effect on others if you choose not to use them. Don't panic, just relax and enjoy whatever you see and where ever you eat.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Remember what I'm talking about... I was referring to XPass... The idea of planning your fast passes from home... Now that's a bit overboard... I don't wanna plan what ride I'm gonna ride which day at what time a month before my trip... That's just me... And it's not spontenaeous... It's general vacationing...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Remember what I'm talking about... I was referring to XPass... The idea of planning your fast passes from home... Now that's a bit overboard... I don't wanna plan what ride I'm gonna ride which day at what time a month before my trip... That's just me... And it's not spontenaeous... It's general vacationing...
    And does anyone know any specifics? No.

Stop with worst case scenarios, the sky is falling, and the "I remember when we used to go and no one was there".

Wait and see what's REALLY happening, not the rumours from bus drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I so agree. This has been mapped out by some of the best and most reliable forum folks and not bus drivers. They have mapped out the stages of implementation over the last few years and the stages are already coming online, from the swipe-less entry, testing of pop machines, wifi property wide, so it isn't all whooie. The changes of the FP enforcement were also predicted. As was the online ADR's. For the people who have been following this for years and the specific corporation hired to implement, we are able to see it unfolding. I can't say I'm a fan, but I'm not blind to every predicted step coming to life.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast