Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Jim Lewis Fired. in the News & Rumors forums; On Friday Disney released the information that Jim Lewis, the president of DVC has been fired. They did not say why he was fired....
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Jim Lewis Fired.

On Friday Disney released the information that Jim Lewis, the president of DVC has been fired. They did not say why he was fired.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Jim Lewis Fired.

To be honest, being a Dvc member, we lost many special perks since mr Lewis took over. I will not miss him. As they say change is good
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

This explains a great deal. For months already it seems the CM's in Hawaii seemed to be clueless about the hotel and the DVC and just answered inquires by saying take a tour.

Can't wait to see how Disney spins this at D23.

Walt Disney World Resort Update (Walt Disney World Resort Update) by Mark Goldhaber

Disney Vacation Club: Jim Lewis, president of Disney Vacation Club, loses his job - OrlandoSentinel.com
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

I suspected something was up when they put Holz between Lewis & Skaggs.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

DVC Dave is offline A-Ticket holder

I heard 3 execs lost thier jobs because of Aulani. DVC sales have been suspended there since June or July because it came to light that they were not charging enough for the Maintenance fee. The people that already purchased got that price, but Disney needs to refile and correct the mistake. I will try to find where I read this but it was a while ago.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

And just yesterday, I received an invitation to go check out Aulani. No rush to get there.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Dave View Post
    I heard 3 execs lost thier jobs because of Aulani. DVC sales have been suspended there since June or July because it came to light that they were not charging enough for the Maintenance fee. The people that already purchased got that price, but Disney needs to refile and correct the mistake. I will try to find where I read this but it was a while ago.
    It was in the Orlando Sentinel I believe. Three execs did get the boot, without parachutes according to reports, including Jim Lewis. Apparently they totally miscalculated the maintenance fees for the DVC end of things (it is a mixed-use resort) to the point that they couldn't have covered the actual expenses.

I heard but haven't confirmed that sales re-started in the past week.

I've heard two things about how fees would be handled for those under contract - one is that their fees would be frozen at their current price, or that that will "subsidize" the difference like for Vero Beach owners (DVC promised a bigger resort than they ended up building) and their dues would go up by the same proportion as the "true" dues.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news