Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Monorail Peach in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 It looks naked Exactly my thoughts! It's just odd. I mean we all know it's a big white train with a single stripe but man what ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: Monorail Peach

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    It looks naked
    Exactly my thoughts! It's just odd. I mean we all know it's a big white train with a single stripe but man what a difference that stripe makes. It's almost kind of, I dunno, institutional? LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Exactly my thoughts! It's just odd. I mean we all know it's a big white train with a single stripe but man what a difference that stripe makes. It's almost kind of, I dunno, institutional? LOL
    Yea...kinda' like the "Crazy Train"...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

It looks naked
    Yep. Looks pretty darn buck nekked alright.

I think they should reverse the paint scheme...blue, red, orange, purple, etc. with a white stripe down the side.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Then every monorail that arrives could be Monorail White
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Ok, so since a few of us seem to think that peach is a random color, what color do we think Disney should choose for the next monorail????
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Ok, so since a few of us seem to think that peach is a random color, what color do we think Disney should choose for the next monorail????
    What next monorail?
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I don't really have a problem with the peach... it's no more random than say Coral or Aqua (though I do think Coral and Peach will be awfully darn similar).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Coral or Aqua
    The Miami Dolphins colors.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I don't really have a problem with the peach... it's no more random than say Coral or Aqua (though I do think Coral and Peach will be awfully darn similar).
    I was thinking the same thing when i heard that it was going to be peach but then i thought its do different then the blue and teal. Maybe it will be the same way one with the white areas one without. So if it is that thought process then the peach will be a solid strip.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

With only three primary colors and six colors in the spectrum, at some point, you have to pick shades if you're going to have a dozen monorails. And some will be similar.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    With only three primary colors and six colors in the spectrum, at some point, you have to pick shades if you're going to have a dozen monorails. And some will be similar.
    ...or monorail PLAID!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    ...or monorail PLAID!
    I LOVE IT! But not the entire thing like to Tronorail. Just the stripe.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Why not do one in Mickey colors, with the big Mickey head on the front like the stickers they hand out?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Cortini View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when i heard that it was going to be peach but then i thought its do different then the blue and teal. Maybe it will be the same way one with the white areas one without. So if it is that thought process then the peach will be a solid strip.
    Peach will definitely be a solid stripe. Coral had the white chevron to distinguish it from Pink already. Coral, Teal and Lime have the chevrons to better distinguish them on sight from their related shades.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Technically, there are 7 identified colors of the spectrum. No one remembers Indigo but that's because it is what most of us would call blue, and "blue" is more of a cyan. From a color-wheel perspective, you've got the three primaries and the three intermediates, for six (maybe that's what you meant).

But as someone who occasionally has to pick distinguishing colors for graphs, etc...picking 12 colors that are easily distinguished by the majority of people is a tough task. They already used two metallics. Had they chosen the rumored Maroon, they may have needed to apply a chevron not to distinguish it from purple (which was retired), but from red or black because maroon is just a dark shade.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Yeah, even though it's there, Indigo is just Blue, and it's right in the same area, so I left it out. White and Black are also on the extreme ends, but I omitted them, too. Then again, I think there's already a Black monorail.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast